Part 1: The Catastrophe

Glory's POV

I stood outside, wondering what I did wrong. I thought he loved my sarcasm and my snappy responses. Didn't Deathbringer see the side glances I kept giving him? Didn't he see how my scales turned pink? I held back the tears and the grey and dark blue colors that so badly wanted to burst out. I looked at Deathbringer with a fake smile plastered on my snout. 

"So...you're getting married," I whispered. Deathbringer nodded and I held back the tears that I so desperately wanted to spill. "Well...congratulations." The NightWing stared at me suspiciously. 

"You aren't mad?" Deathbringer wondered. I'm furious, I thought. 

"Why would I be mad?" I asked, gritting my teeth. "You fell in love...and you're getting married..." I smiled. 

"I'm sorry..." he whispered, his eyes full of guilt. I shook my head and the tears and smiled him. "It just happened so suddenly that I completely spaced," Deathbringer explained. I cleared my throat and walked inside my hut.  

"It's fine, Deathbringer," I growled. "It's not like we were together or anything," I frowned. Deathbringer didn't look at me, he just sighed and walked toward the trees. Just as he was about to take off into the night, I cleared my throat again. "I have a question..." 

Deathbringer turned around hopefully and looked me in the eyes. "Yes?" 

"Who's the lucky girl?" I choked. 

"Uh...her name is Destinyseeker," Deathbringer whispered. I nodded then looked out the window. There was a brief pause before I heard wings beats. After I heard the wing beats fade away, I curled into a ball and sobbed eyes out. It was strange for me to cry, I don't normally do that. But there were two things that I knew for sure. One, I hate Destinyseeker and two, I was going to put a stop to their wedding.