Part 7: The Song

Deathbringer's POV

I looked around my prison. There had to be a way out! There just had to be! I looked at the bars then licked it. Gross, I know. But I had to see what type of metal it is. Tasted like iron. Hmm, maybe I can burn it. I can do that but I would have to do it in a corner so Fake me won't see it. I walked over to a corner and started to burn it. The more I burned the metal, the hotter the room became. I pushed past the heat and continued to burn it. I had to get to Glory before something else happens...

Glory's POV

I walked up to Deathbringer confidentially. I tried to look happy and excited for him seeing as today was the rehearsal dinner. I know, it's fast. It's only been seven days and he's already doing the rehearsal dinner. I only had one shot to prove to him that he belongs with me. When I reached Deathbringer, he was saying goodbye to Destinyseeker. 

"Oh, hello Queen Glory," Destinyseeker beamed. "How are you today?" 

"I'm good," I lied. "Um, can I talk to Deathbringer for a bit?" I asked. He looked into my green eyes curiously, and I gazed into his pleadingly. 

"Um, yeah sure. I was just leaving anyway," Destinyseeker said, still smiling. "See you at the dinner?" she asked me. I nodded and watched as she flew away. When she was gone, I grabbed Deathbringer's arm and dragged him into the forest. 

"Woah, where are we going?" Deathbringer wondered as a few leaves smacked his face. 

"Deathbringer, just listen," I whispered. We ran until we reached a beautiful little clearing. The sun shone over me, causing me to look radiant. "Sit please," I ordered. 

"Since when do you use please?" he grinned. 

"Just sit your butt down," I growled. He chuckled but listened to me. I closed my eyes and prepared for my plan. 

Deathbringer's POV

The heat was almost unbearable, and my scales started to burn a little. As I was burning the metal, I heard, "What are you doing?" I snapped my mouth shut and searched the cave. I didn't see anyone so I turned back to the cell. 

"Just listen," a sweet and beautiful voice hissed. I snapped my mouth shut again and turned to the clam. I walked over to it and held it in my hands. "Don't let your voice quiver," she thought. I looked at Glory curiously. 

"I found a guy, told me I was a star," Glory sang. "He held the door, held my hand in the dark. And he's perfect on paper but he's lying to my face, does he think that I'm the kinda girl who needs to be saved?" she sang. A small tear trickled down my eyes. 

"And there's one more boy, he's from my past. We fell in love but it didn't last," Glory sang. "'Cause the second I figure it out he pushes me away. And I won't fight for love if you won't meet me halfway. And I say that I'm through but this song's still for you," she sang. "All I want is love that lasts. Is all I want too much to ask? Is it something wrong with me? All I want is a good guy. Are my expectations far too high? Try my best but what can I say? All I have is myself at the end of the day. But shouldn't that be enough for me? Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh." 

"And I miss the days when I was young and naive. I thought the perfect guy would come and find me. Now happy ever after it don't come so easily," Glory sang, tears streaming down her face. "All I want is love that lasts. Is all I want too much to ask? Is it something wrong with me, ooh. All I want is a good guy. Are my expectations far too high? Try my best but what can I say? All I have is myself at the end of the day. And all I want is for that to be okay," she sang. 

I closed the clam shut and started to wipe my tears off my face. This was it. I'm going to kill that guy. I kicked the burnt part of the cell and squeezed myself out of it. As I escaped the cell, I felt a sharp pain on my leg. It was now healing but it still hurt. I ran out of the cave and felt the warm heat of the sun on my face. I couldn't help but smile when it hit my face. I was free.