Part 12: Happily Ever After

The sun tickled my scales as I laid on the soft prickly grass. Yellow and pink colors splashed along my whole body. The warm heat of the sun grazed along my underbelly and my wings. I could hear the soft splashes of the waterfall nearby. The birds chirped excitedly, causing me to sigh happily. 

Suddenly, I felt someone's wing brush against mine. I shivered with pleasure subtly, then turned my head in the handsome NightWing's direction. I tried to plaster on a frown, but my lips kept curling up into a smile. "Deathbringer, you disturbed me," I muttered. 

"I'm sorry my queen," the NightWing smirked. I rolled my emerald green eyes and let his wings wrap around me. Deathbringer grinned, then pulled me closer to him. "What can I do to fix it?" he whispered in my ear. 

"You can stop trying to flirt with me and just kiss me," I purred. Deathbringer rolled his eyes but smashed his snout against mine. The kiss was slow but passionate, like our other kisses. I pulled away, making him groan. 

"Why do you have to pull away?" whined Deathbringer. 

"Because I want to wait," I replied. 

"Ah, to hell with waiting!" Deathbringer pouted. 

"You are such a dragonet, you know?" I chuckled. 

"What can I say, I missed out on my childhood," Deathbringer said, smirking. I rolled my eyes and kissed his forehead. "I love you, Glory," he whispered. 

"You do?!" I gasped. My sarcasm clear in my voice. "It's not like I hear this almost every day!" Deathbringer rolled his eyes and just glared at me. 

"I'm serious, Glory," he muttered. 

"I know. I'm just messing with you," I chuckled. "You're my happily ever after." 

"And you're mine."