The Best Fucking Parties (7)

Avathara

     She looked down at her fist, fighting the tears as they threatened to fall once again. Her hand had mostly healed, with the faintest of bruises still visible. Avathara was shaking and to say she was overwhelmed would have been an understatement. She just needed to rid herself of the pain in her mind. Any distraction would be appreciated. As she sat on the floor, she slammed her fist into the floor. Her knuckles immediately pulsed from the impact. A hiss left her mouth but nothing more. Again, she hurt herself. A couple more times and her center knuckle began to bleed.

     The tears stopped.

     She spread her fingers, flexing them in several directions, making the stinging and burning sensation last. This hurt like hell, but it did the trick. She tilted her head from side to side, feeling loose for once as several cracking sounds rang out. A heavy breath exited her and she decided to stand. Putting her weight on her injured hand while rising was not the best idea. "Fuck! You idiot," she said to herself. She shook out her hand, watching in interest as the blood continued to swell. 

     Avathara looked to the door at the sound of a knock. "Yes?"

     "Is everything alright?" Mikya asked from the other side.

     "Yes!"

     "Okay, well... dinner is ready. Everyone's already at the table, but of course, please, take your time!" She was once again surprised by how polite he was.

     "I'll be out in a minute," she responded. When he said nothing else, she ran into the bathroom. With her eyes pointed downward, she rinsed the blood off, wincing at the familiar sting. She wrapped her hand and then dressed in a shirt and sweatpants. Her feet were cold so she slipped on some socks.

     She opened the door to see a dapper Mikya. At this point, she expected the classy attire he seemed to always have on.

     He beamed at her. "You look beautiful. Shall we?"

     She nodded and they began a similar stroll as before. Still, she didn't recognize the halls as they passed through them. This house was immaculate and unlike anything she had ever seen. Of course, she lived a majority of her life in a shed so these reactions were to be expected.

     "How are you settling in?" he broke the quietude.

     "It's only been a couple hours since you last saw me. I'm no better off," she confessed to him.

     "Right," he responded, sounding embarrassed. "I guess I am just eager for you to be comfortable and adjusted. It's a strange journey you're embarking on, you know?"

     "I guess that's true," she agreed, offering him a friendly expression.

     "Here we are," he spoke as they arrived to double doors. She realized that there were guards stationed everywhere, and two of the beefiest ones were blocking their passageway. Avathara felt as she began to mentally shrink.

     Paying no mind, Mikya kept on his stride. Right at the last second, the man and woman bowed and opened the door for them. Avathara let out a shaky breath and followed quietly behind.

     All three figures stood from their seated place at the table. At the end was the woman. Of course, her face was dazzling, but interestingly, she was dressed in a sweatshirt and sweatpants, even messier than Avathara. It could be said differently for the men. Warrick had on some cargo pants and a slim fitting shirt, clearly ready for battle. Klein, on the other hand, was in his Sunday's best. A dark blue button-up set off the color of his eyes. He was dressed to impress and she considered herself highly impressed.