Earth-Shattering Words (29)

Avathara

      She swiped the razor over her armpit one more time before giving up altogether. "Enough of that nonsense, right, baby?" She wished it was strange to admit that she had regular on-going conversations with her belly these days, but having had a strong habit of talking to herself long before then, she could not.

      Avathara walked into the bedroom and saw the beautiful royal blue dress. It was long in length with thin straps and a straight neckline. The top part was ruched, so the bunched material covered her breasts. She pulled on a comfortable pair of underwear and soon put on the dress. 

      The glimmering material was thankfully lightweight. It was tighter around her waist than she expected but the rest was flowing and breezy.

      She slipped on a pair of simple sandals—they were also blue. She stood in front of the body-length mirror and braided back her long hair. At this point, her curls were soon to cover her butt. 

In the winter, it wasn't so bad. In this heat? She was just about ready to buzz it all off. She watched herself a little longer and thought maybe I will.

      There was a polite knock on the door. Margherita's voice came from the other side. "Shanice just arrived, shall I let her in, Luna?"

      "Of course!" She answered, finishing up her hair. In walked Shanice who was dressed in a lovely navy blue dress. Everyone else would also be wearing blue, all the shades except the royal blue Avathara donned. It was traditional for her to be the only one to wear this shade.

      "You look absolutely stunning, Luna!" Shanice beamed at her. Her hair was hidden underneath a beautifully wrapped cloth.

      Avathara looked down at her outfit bashfully. "Thank you, Shanice. You look wonderful. Where is Kayla?"

      "With the other kids. The little ones aren't usually involved with the induction ceremony. There's just too many people, and when it gets dark here, plus the drinking—we just wish to make sure safety is a priority."

      Avathara nodded along. "Yeah, that actually makes sense. It's too bad I can't join in with the drinking." They both went to her simple vanity set.

      "Yes, how I understand that," Shanice laughed as Avathara took a seat. "Being pregnant with a werwolf is something else. I hear this baby is giving you a run for your money as well?"

      Avathara buried her face in her hands. "Can everyone hear me getting sick in the morning?"

      "Of course not," Shanice reassured her, "we just pick up on the alpha's attempt to conceal his stress, specifically regarding you. You may not know this, but what does the US say? He is as cool as a cucumber! But now that he's met you, well, he may be a trained leader, but I don't think anyone can be trained for when you finally find your mate."

      "Yeah, that's a good point," Avathara agreed, sighing heavily. She didn't exactly have a training manual herself. And while she felt like they were at a good place, this didn't mean she still wouldn't jump at the chance to get a peek of that text.

      "Ah, well, tonight is not about stress, belle!" Shanice clapped her hands. "First, I will help with your makeup, and then... party time!"

      Avathara grinned at her friend. "You're right, Shanice. I trust your make-up instincts, have at it!"_____________________

      By the time they finished, Avathara almost didn't recognize herself. She looked at the blue eyeshadow, the subtly placed crystals. She almost resembled Godhead, but that was the whole purpose. Shanice bent over and rested her chin on her shoulder. "You are beautiful, Luna."