Chapter Six-

Chapter Six-

            “Here we are..” Sabrina says through a smile, as she waves to the citizens who cheer us on. I join in with her, waving and smiling and making eye contact as a few girls reach out for me, one actually fainting.

            “If that’s not exaggeration then I don’t know what is.” I say.

            We reach the tribute’s living quarters and Attis pushes a button to the top floor and the elevator rises, I look out the glass window as we soar to the top. Then we step into our floor, I gasp, It’s beautiful.

            A black leather couch is to my left, a marble block in front of it, with a built in blu-ray television. A huge dining room set is on the opposite side of the room, A black marble table, metallic chairs all around it. I count five chairs in total, and it makes me wonder who the other two chairs will go to. I step into my room, The bed is a king size, with a black and white crackle patterned comforter. The walls are silver and a chandelier hangs from the top of my ceiling. A built in television is infront of my bed and to the left is my own bathroom, which looks the same as my train bathroom.

            “District two and three have just arrived!” Viola chimes.

            Attis sits us down to watch the recap of the reapings.

            First is ours, Sabrina getting drawn, then Clay, then me volunteering.

District Two goes to a pale skinned girl, with black hair and green eyes. She looks about sixteen and I remember Attis saying her name was Nyx, and she had volunteered. The male goes to a stunning guy named Jake, with black hair and beautiful gray eyes. A tattoo of a lily on the right side of his neck. He bites his lip and my heart starts pumping. He’s so beautiful. District four, the other part of the career pack, goes to a young boy, about thirteen, named Hoki, and a ginger-haired girl, named Tetra, who looks ready to compete, I also remember Attis saying she volunteered. So on and so forth names are called. A small little girl, A big brute from the lumber district, a shy teen has to detach herself from two little kids, who cling onto her as she bravely walks to the stage, trying to compose herself.

            “Five other districts have just arrived!” Viola reminds us.

            Later on around two we sit at the dining room table as the ‘traitors’ serve us our lunch. Juicy cheeseburgers and fries with barbeque sauce, and celery sticks with ranch in the crevice.

            I bite into the burger, the fatty grease soaking my lips and chin, I wipe it swiftly with my napkin, knowing if Viola saw this she would go absolutely bananas.

            “We have a week before the games, but tonight will be the opening ceremonies, So after lunch we must get to your prep center! Your stylists and prep teams will await for you there!” Viola gives us a tight smile, her eyes squinting slightly. I bury my teeth into a celery stick, the crisp, fresh bites being chomped between my canines. Oh my god, it tastes amazing. I don’t even think about what Viola is saying and I just tune her out, taking more bites of my burger,

            “Manners, Jerry!” Viola scolds.

I jump out of my boots and blush, wiping my mouth dripping with grease, “Uh.. sorry.”

            “Mkay.” Viola raises her chin at me, waving a finger in disappointment.

Sabrina gives me a look and we both are trying hard with everything in our might to not start bursting out laughing.