Chapter Eleven-

Chapter Eleven-

            The aroma of breakfast invades my nose, today is a big day. I stretch and let out a big yawn, my arms high above my head. I groggily walk to my bathroom, groaning. As I squint into the mirror and rub my eyes, I open up a cabinet to get my hairbrush and start untangling my hair with it.

            "Jerry, will you hurry up, you have your one-on-one sessions with the game makers today and you have interview practice later tonight. Then we must be home on time to see your scores. No dilly dawdling, we do not have time for it." Viola says from the entrance of my bedroom, waving a "fruit punch" red colored fan at me with floral designs on it. Her false lashes grazing against her blaze colored eyebrows.

I sigh, "Yeah, yeah."

            "Your hair looks darling today." Viola smiles and makes me pull her chair out for her.

            I sit down and eat my breakfast, listening to Vienna's tunes, Katya's complaining on which suit I should wear tomorrow, Attis is talking to Sabrina about how to make a proper fish hook out of a bone, and Viola is fussing about how her sleek straight red wig was so hard to install today. I'm pretty much the odd one out, I just look down at my breakfast and pick at it with my fancy silver ware. Tracing around the small pink flower design imbedded into the porcelain and the nice number one in the center of the plate. I'm not too hungry today.

            I run my fingers through my hair and sip on my freshly-squeezed orange juice, licking the residue off of my lips.           

            "Today you won't train. You guys are just going to go sit in a room with the other tributes and be called in one-by-one. Nobody will see what you're doing except for the game makers so there is no need to worry about the other tributes and trainers. As for the sessions, don't do anything that will make you look stupid. You're in there to impress them and gain sponsors... make sure you can do it without making a fool out of yourself." Attis informs us.

            I'm kind of happy, I do not really feel like training all that much today anyways, I want a more happy upbeat day and I am not starting it off that well, but I'm going to try to end it well. I just want to hang out and have fun.

            I get changed into my jumpsuit, zipping up the zipper to my neck and then making my way towards the center with Sabrina.

            "What skill are you doing?" I ask Sabrina.

She sighs, "I do not know honestly, I'll just see how the cards play out. I just want to blow them away with something... not basic." She lets out an airy laugh, smiling.

            "Same here." I reply.

            We enter the yellow lit room, then are escorted to a room and locked in. An iron door slides down from a slit in the ceiling and conceals us inside. The lights flicker and the other tributes sit in silence, keeping to themselves. Except for the Everest and Coal, District Five, and nine and us Careers.  I think it is odd how they decide to interact with one another. It's pretty suspicious to me.

            Jake smiles at me and pulls me into his lap, hugging my waist from behind. I feel his sharp jawbone slightly congested into my shoulder and he presses his lip to my neck. It feels warm against it but so good. He does not even kiss it, he just rests his lips there as if they should always be there. I don't care about the other Tributes staring at us. I hope they like the view, I'll be gauging out their eyeballs on the day after tomorrow anyways. I melt into him and not even a minute later, "Jerry Hinman." A woman's voice says, "Please report for your one-on-one session with the game makers."