Chapter Eighteen-

Chapter Eighteen-

"Baby..." I say to him, "It's okay we're going to make it out. Don't worry." I start crying.

Everest snickers as she walks towards us, "Come on guys, you know we have to separate them. They're a power couple. Absolutely disgusting."

I stare into her chestnut eyes, "You're just a jealous little bitch because your man is dead. And he didn't love you. All he wanted was some head from anything he could get his grimy little hands on."

"Shut the fuck up." Everest shoots back, Dragging Jake away, "No matter what, he loved me. And you know what, you just added ten times more pain to your death sentence." She walks away and I focus my attention to Garnet and Chase.

"Oh joy, great to see you guys." I say sarcastically.

Garnet smirks and gets down on one knee, looking me straight in my eyes, "We finally got you. Now we're going to torture you slowly limb by limb."

I spit in her face, "Why the fuck are you doing this?"

Chase punches me hard upon my left cheek, "Only speak when you're spoken to."

"She did speak to me dusty ass hoe." I reply.

"I'm going to check on Jake." He walks away spurting curse words.

Garnet pulls out a curved dagger and traces my jaw line with it, "You want to know the real reason why we're doing this? Fine, I guess a good reason is the least I can give you. Okay so number one, I don't know if you know this but your ass is in the Hunger Games. It's kill or be killed and that's that. Why should I let you live? Number two, I admire your strength. Scoring high scores in the training sessions. You even managed to snatch up a little boyfriend along the way. You wouldn't want your boyfriend to die so you could live, right? Why not just kill you both."

"You say only one can live yet you're in a huge alliance." I say through gritted teeth, "What are you going to do when it comes down to the four of you."

Garnet smiles, "Don't worry darling, I already thought that shit out. You just sit here and wait. We'll start the killing tomorrow morning. You and Jake will sit tidy till then." Garnet takes off all of my weapons and uses ropes to bind me to a tree. I try to kick at her but she over powers me in the moment.

"Why not just do it tonight and get it over with? Isn't that easier." I say.

Garnet grunts in frustration and stands up, turning around facing the camp, "Because I'm tired as fuck. It's almost time for the names in the sky and if you die right now it will give the rest of your little clique more time to find us. So we'd rather not. Goodnight, get some rest." She laughs a little, "Lord knows it's going to be your last."

"Whatever." I reply under my breath as she walks away to Everest, Chase and Cyan.

I sit in silence for hours. The tribe sits by a campfire and warms their hands, laughing and talking to each other. Everest is celebrating the fact that she caught us and high fives all of the other members of her group with the only arm she has left. The crickets chirp amongst the scenery and a full moon peers over the night time sky. That's when the names in the sky appear. The girl from seven, who Cyan killed. Then the boy from nine who Jake and I had to kill. Lastly, Coal from twelve who was killed by the girl from seven. Everest has to be comforted by Garnet and Cyan after she sees his name.

"What are they going to do with us now?" I say to myself, half expecting Jake to reply. Once I realized he wasn't going to, I decided to just let it go. I stayed silent tied up against a tree. "Come on Jerry, you have to do this." I whisper to myself and I start looking for anything I can use to cut the rope tied around me. I feel around my perimeter with the small amount of space I can move my hands with and I feel a stick. I grab it and start using my nails to chip away at the edges to sharpen it. It takes me about an hour or so but by the time I'm finished the tribe has already fallen asleep and Chase, who is supposed to be keeping guard, is forcing himself to stay awake as his eyes flutter open and closed. I start to saw the rope with the sharp side of the stick. I can hear the friction it's creating and the small fibers snapping with each saw. Up, down, up, down. I get through one knot and I finally get the ropes off of my body. Then I take the stick and position it between the ropes binding my hands together and start sawing at that too. It's loud but affective, and I'm sure the Tribe is sleeping safe and sound thinking that we're nice and trapped in their grasp. Finally, after sawing for a few minutes, the ropes are off. I glance over at Chase to see that he is sound asleep and I sneak over to him and take the throwing axes he was using. Then I walk across the field to where the rest of the tribe lay with Jake attached to a neighboring tree. I cover his mouth with one hand and he shoots awake instantly and lets out a muffled scream. Everest shifts around in her sleeping bag a bit and once she's done, I cut off Jake's ropes and hug him. He embraces me then takes the weapons back from near where Garnet is sleeping. I also take some of their food while I'm at it. We then venture out of the Tribe's territory and walk back into the woods.

"We could've just killed them right there, you know." I say.

There's a smirk in his voice, "I'm waiting for the right time. It's gonna be a blood bath."