Chapter three

The thing is... David wasn't dead. Just knocked out from lack of oxygen.. In one way I was truly greatful... In another I was utterly disappointed.
David had been laying in bed demanding beer and sleeping his nights away. Ruby wasn't dead either... But she was hurting from the pain. I had sat there cleaning up her bloodied body when I came across her wrists... Deep cuts and scars formed them... She never told me she cut and we tell everything to each other. I guess that explains the long clothing.
Ruby has been really weak and I had several bruises. I always healed fast but I never knew why. I had a broken bone a week ago... And now it's healed.
Ruby was laying in bed. Tommy was sitting on my lap and Jessie and the girls where sitting around me. I was in the large rocking chair in my room reading a small story. When I was finished I looked down for tommy to get up but saw he was fast asleep. I ran my hands through his soft little locks and looked at his small sleeping face. He was so innocent and growing up in a broken and scary home.
He didn't even remember his mama.
"Off to bed all of you." I said. They all whined.
"Can't we sleep in your room? We will sleep on the floor, I don't wanna sleep alone." Joy said
"YA." Chimed in the rest. I nodded and placed tommy on my bed. He instantly cuddled into the blankets and I went to fetch all there bed coverings.
When I piled them inside I remembered I had forgot Tommys teddy bear. I went to get it when I heard David's voice calling for me.
"Royal come in here." He growled. I gulped and walked into his room.
"What your friend did was unexceptionable, I don't want you living here anymore. You treat me with disrespect and the kids don't even respect me. You raised them wrong. I want you out of the house to, but keep Ruby here. She will take your spot." He growled. I was shocked
"Wha..." I started but was too shocked to finish.
"You heard me, be out by tomorrow morning. And don't come back either." He growled.
How could he just kick me out? I was the main supporter in this house. I couldn't ask Ruby to give up highschool just so she can raise the kids that's a big task to do. She wasn't ready for that she was just a kid herself.
"I can't do that sir, I am the main funder of this house, if you kick me out you will have no food and I will go to the police about you beating on us." I threatened him.
"Who are they gonna believe you? The girl with the dead sister? Oh yeah that's right... If you tell... I'll kill your sister." He hissed at me.
I spun on my heel and walked back into the room. The kids where all laid out on the floor and I went to put a dresser drawer back in place. I saw a tiny slip of paper pulling it out this is what I saw:
When the blade touches my skin it sends shivers down my spine. I canf bare to see the bruises on my sisters body so I cut for her. I can't bare to see the look on my siblings faces... The look of horror when David comes home. So I cut for them. I'm hoping one day this will all come to an end either that or I will come to an end. I am destroying myself but it numbes the pain. It helps me but destroys me. I cut for my family, and I cut for my life because if I have to sacrifice my life for them I know I can't make it.
Signed~
Ruby
I couldn't believe my eyes. She was planning to someday kill her self.
I knew what I had to do but to do this I needed sleep. So I crawled into bed and hugged tommy to my chest. I am ready to fight the battle made for me.
When I woke up the next morning it was because of banging on my door. This kids where rubbing there eyes groggily.
"I told you royal, get out of my house!" David screamed. Ruby looked at me confused.
"It's alright I'm staying at Derek's house until I find something, I'm going to fix this okay? Trust me." I said to her and she just looked at me fearful.
"Ruby come here and talk to me." She walked over to me and got on her knees.
"Ruby love, I need you to watch the kids till I come back I need you to stay strong." I said and grabbed her wrist flipping it over and pulling up her sleeve to reveal her cuts.
"I can't have you kill yourself, these kids need you. I mumbled. I pressed a kiss to her head.
"I need to get going love." I said and got up to pack a few clothes away. I kissed each kids head and tommy wrapped his arms around me. When Ruby started to pull him off of me he started to scream big tears rolling down his face.
"No... Roya... Don't go! Roya... Don't leave mes!" Tommy screamed. David was outside of the door
"If you touch them I will tell the police and if you think about touching a hair on my sisters head I will personally come find you and kill you." I said through gritted teeth and stomped outside. When I had said those words I saw a flash of fear in his eyes but it was then covered up with mock he just snarled at me in return. Now it's off to Derek's house.