Heroes or Villians?-Sotam (Part 3)

A/N: Hello! Here is the second part! It's been awhile though, so I would go back for a quick refresh, if you want!

Sophie took a deep breath.

It was time.

She smoothed down the front of her crimson dress, garnets and rubies glittering along her collarbone and sleeves, the gold trim gleaming.

It was gorgeous, but Sophie felt like a fraud in it.

This was not who she was.

"Ready to go crash a party?"

There was Keefe, navy blue suit sparkling glitter from the masquerade mask he was wearing, sapphires crusting the outline.

He was holding out his hand, bracing himself against the doorframe, looking ordinarily hot.

"Oh! Uh, yes."

Sophie was still reeling from the shock that Keefe was also a part of the Neverseen.

She was just sitting with Fintan, practicing how to set fires, when Gethen brought in Keefe from school, and he wasn't being manhandled.

There was a flash of shock and then fear on Keefe's face when their eyes met, and Sophie was still trying to figure out why.

Thinking about the look in his eyes, Sophie took Keefe's hand, leaving the safe house Sophie lived in, to get into a car that would take them to the Vacker's house.

"You have what you need for tonight?"

Causally, Keefe asked Sophie, as they were getting into the car, and Sophie patted one of the many pockets she had in her dress.

"Yes. All ready!"

The Black Swan was going to slip into the party, and it was Sophie's job to take them down, preferably without too much commotion.

It was Sophie's first mission without adult supervision, and Sophie was bouncing nervously, eyelashes being flicked away every other second or too.

"I hope that's your regenerative mascara. Or Miss Foster is going to be without eyelashes by the end of this ride."

Scowling, Sophie pulled away from Keefe, sticking her tongue out at him.

"This is your first no-adults mission too. Nervous yet?"

"No. I only get nervous around pretty people."

Sophie blushed, and then realized that it wasn't exactly a compliment.

"Hey! Meanie. Wait...is THAT why you were red after you tripped in front of Tam? Because..."

"No..."

"Hmm, I think so!"

"Leave me alone! And if we HAVE to talk about a love life, why don't we talk about yours?"

"Haha, you mean the lack of one because I'm not supposed to get close to anyone?"

"Hey! You're close to me."

"That's because we're on the same team, goose."

Keefe made a little hmph and frowned.

"I wish that my mom wasn't the head of the Neverseen though."

"What do you mean?"

"I wish I didn't have to be in the Neverseen."

"But we're doing good things! We're the good guys! Stopping the Black Swan from bringing down society as we know it! Don't you want to be a part of it?"