Choose

Hailey was standing in the middle of nowhere. It was dark all around- not the kind of son of Hades dark that she had grown so comfortable with, but the kind of dark that made you feel claustrophobic. The darkness was pressing into her from every direction. She couldnt breathe, couldn't move, couldn't do anything except stand motionless as the darkness tried to devour her whole.
She tried to step forward, but in vain, she looked around frantically, looking for a way out and then finally spotted a shimmer far to her right.
She ran and ran, trying to reach what looked like a way out. Sweat slithered down her face and back as the darkness chased her and then she halted. Two paths forked in front of her, offering her a choice. She stood there, panting, unable to choose, unable to decide which path would lead her out. Before she could take a step towards either, Nico walked up to her from one of the paths and Hailey almost fell to her with relief at the sight of him.
"Oh, Nico, Nico thank gods!" She sobbed, "I-I don't know what is this place, I want to get out, please please help me."
She looked him in the face and her heart skipped a beat. It was not Nico as she knew him. Yes, it was his face, his body, but his face was devoid of all emotion and as cold as Khione's ice.
"Nico?" Hailey tentatively reached a hand out towards his cheek and her hand was slapped away by him!
"Who the hell are you? And who is Nico?" The guy who was Nico but not Nico, questioned with enough contempt that Hailey took a step back.
"What- this can't be real!" Hailey shook her head hard and willed herself to wake up from whatever dream she was having but the scene around her remained same. So she turned and ran down the other path opposite to the one Nico came from.
Yet again, the darkness chased her and this time thousands of whispering voices followed.
"No, no wake up Hailey, come on come on." She kept saying this to herself as she kept running despite the hitch in her breathing and then suddenly she wasn't in that hellhole anymore.
She was standing on Long Island Sound, on the part of the beach just outside her camp.
Someone stood a few steps away from her with their back to her.
She walked towards the figure as if pulled by some unknown force and just as she was a hand's breath away, the figure turned and she started.
It was Luke Castellan.