Dessert?

Hailey never felt so full in her life. Maybe because it was the fact that her heart was full too after a lovely lunch date with Nico or, she did not want to admit it, but she ate more than ever because the spaghetti was way too delicious and also she couldn't get enough of the mouth watering lemon and coriander soup that they had as a starter. Whatever it was, she felt too lazy to get up from her seat and leave the warmth of the cozy diner.
"So, you gonna spend the rest of our day slouching here or are you gonna let me make your day better? Not that I object to sitting here and staring at you all day long but well-" he shrugged, grinning.
"Ugh! Shut up and hold my hand and help me up!" Hailey ordered and held up her hand.
Nico pulled her up and tugged her towards him, then slipped his hand round her waist.
"Would you like some dessert?" Nico's voice was suddenly low and husky as he stared at her lips suggestively.
"There's always room for dessert." Hailey whispered against his lips. She could feel Nico's heartbeat against her chest and suddenly felt breathless and too warm.
Nico cleared his throat when he seemed to realise that they were getting way too cosy in the middle of a crowded diner, which, he decided, was pretty unromantic. He stepped back and Hailey groaned internally at the loss of the feel of his body against her and another delayed kiss.
"So, I heard there's this good ice cream place down the street, if you would like?" His voice was still rough and he kinda stuttered when he spoke.
Hailey liked him flustered. So she decided to tease him further.
"Uh-huh" she intentionally brushed her fingers against his neck while pretending to straighten the collar of his shirt. She enjoyed hearing his breath hitch at the contact and the way his pupil dilated.
"I have something better than ice cream in my mind." She leaned in close and whispered in his ear, then placed a soft kiss just below his earlobe. He shuddered.
"Now come on." Hailey took Nico's hand and they made their way out of the diner.