Lunch Date

Nico was suddenly very worried that he was under dressed for their first date. Hailey looked damn stunning and beside her, he thought he looked way too low key. Maybe he should have worn a tux. Would that have been too formal?
Nico accidentaly shadow travelled right in the middle of the road due to the various nerve driven thoughts in his head.
"Holy sh-" Hailey immediately pulled Nico off the road and onto the sidewalk just as a cab whizzed past where Nico was seconds ago.
"What in Hades are you thinking Nico?" Hailey chided.
"I- sorry." He smiled sheepishly at her.
"Gods." Hailey shook her head in exasperation. "Come on, now."
They walked up to the quaint diner in front of them and took a private booth at the very corner.
Nico helped Hailey take off her coat and they seated themsleves on the plush chairs, facing each other. The heater was just the right temperature and with the christmas carol playing softly and the cozy decorations, Hailey felt very warm and comfortable and suddenly the distance between her and Nico seemed too much to her. She reached out a hand towards where Nico's hand was on the table. Nico immediately took her hand in his and looked at her.
His gaze seemed to call her closer and she instinctively started to lean towards Nico in the mellow silence.
A shiver ran up Hailey's spine as Nico slowly brushed a lock of her hair behind her hair, grazing his fingers on her cheek. She closed her eyes and felt Nico's thumb brush her bottom lip. Her lips parted on their own accord and her breath turned heavier as he stroked his thumb slowly on her lips.
She leaned into his touch more and could feel his face getting closer when they were interrupted by a cough.
"Excuse me, sir and ma'am. Would you like to order now?"
Both of them hastily composed themselves and Nico glared at the waiter and would probably have summoned a few skeletons to chase him away if not for Hailey intercepting the conversation.
"Can you give us a few more minutes to decide please?" She asked politely though she wanted to blast the waiter away with all the water in the diner but she decided to save that for later, probably. She slouched down in her seat and watched the waiter leave with a burning desire to make all the diner pipes burst out.