"Get your mind out of the gutter before these doors open."

A/N - It's been a month practically and I can't apologise enough! I've been on a reading binge and barely been coming up for air with a backlog of books I want to read. I hope you enjoy this chapter and know more is coming! Enjoy!

***

"Do I have to do this?" Kara bounced Lara in her arms as Lena finished getting her things ready for their meeting with Catco's board. It wasn't planned but when Lena received an email stating the board wanted a meeting, she explained it was the best time to tell them.

Lena zipped up her laptop bag. "At some point, yes. Whatever they want to discuss needs to be done with you there since you'll be running it, may as well tell them whilst they're already angry at us."

Kara felt a slight tug on her hair as Lara tried to yank it closer, the soft curls left down for a change and even though she didn't need to, she tilted her head so Lara could play with more of her hair. "I know you're right-"

"Thank you."

"-but what if something else happens?" A knock sounded.

Lena moved to open it, Alex's gleaming face already searching for Lara. "We talked about this earlier, Alex isn't going to let anything happen to her and if something seems remotely off, we both know you'll break one of those really expensive windows in the conference room to get here." Although she only acknowledged Alex with a smile, the older woman let herself in and was making grabby hands for Lara.

Kara handed her over to her sister reluctantly, Lara refusing to let go of her hair. "To be honest, I don't really remember what you were talking about earlier."

Alex managed to switch Kara's hair in Lara's hand for her index finger as she bounced her niece and cooed. "Your Jeju should know to listen to her wife by now, wouldn't you think so?"

Lena smirked and Kara frowned at her sister. "First of us, you're meant to be on my side. Second, I would have been listening if she hadn't been stood in our room half naked trying to figure out what to wear today."

Alex shook her head and started humming loudly. "I didn't want or need to know that and for that exact reason I am on Lena's side today."

Sighing, Kara looked to Lena who was still smirking. "Don't look at me like that, I'm not ashamed of anything I did this morning." Lena glanced to Alex who looked like she was one more sentence away from leaving. "But we should go before Alex decides this was a mistake."

It was that moment Kara noticed her sister was refusing to look at either of them, solely staring at Lara as they stood in the middle of the apartment. "Thank you, Alex. I owe you big time."

Alex shrugged one shoulder as Lara giggled. "Just don't say anything like that around me again and I will happily watch this little one whenever you want."

"Thank you!" Kara gave Alex a kiss on the cheek as she passed, Lena following on her heels out of the door with a wave.

"We owe you. If you need anything call David, my driver, and he will get it for you as soon as possible." Lena looked to Lara one last time before Alex was shooing her and Kara out the door.

"You two need to get going. We are going to be fine; I have been waiting to get my hands on this little one for days so will you please leave so we can have some much-needed Auntie and niece bonding time." Grinning, Lena couldn't help but laugh at the insistence from Alex.

Holding her hands up, she backed out of the door. "We will be back as soon as possible. Although, that isn't saying much."

Alex held up one of Lara's hands to help her wave goodbye to her Mom and Jeju, the latter of which was practically trying to pull Lena away from the door. "I know you don't want to leave, but if we don't go now, the only way we'll make it on time is me flying us and I don't want to do that."