Chapter 6

Just to avoid any confusion, Hayden's brother's name is Justin. I think I might have written Jason on some occasions, but that's all cleared up now :) Please take time to leave a comment if there's something you don't understand or if you have anything else to say. Comment, vote, and enjoy reading :)

Only about ten minutes and two hungry teenagers later, their savior walked into the room with a bag full of takeaway food. "Alright, so who's hungry?" did he even have to ask? Hayden was sure that her stomach could be heard from a mile away, it was going crazy.

"Dude, don't drag it out, we're starving here" Daniel obviously wasn't in a mood for joking around, and to Hayden that was fully understandable. Her brother could be so annoying at times that she actually wondered if there was something wrong with him. But then he was the one holding the food, so they really shouldn't be complaining before it was in their hands.

Hayden downed a burger in no time, and had began on her bag of delicious, perfectly salted chips. Every time she swallowed she could feel her gut getting more and more satisfied. She had reached a point where she was no longer hungry, but was eating purely for enjoyment and taste. She lifted her hand of to her face and dried off a piece of ketchup that she had felt getting stuck on her cheek. Her peplum top had also gotten its fair share of stains, but since her top was red it didn't show that much. Not that it mattered anyway, she was in hospital for Christ sake. Who would care about how she looked?

A piece of meat had gotten stuck between Hayden's front teeth, and she struggled to get it out while still managing not to stick her entire fist in her mouth. "Oh no" Hayden felt her head get warm as she started to feel sick. When she felt something in the back of her throat she knew exactly what was going to happen. She ran towards the bathroom as fast as she could on one foot, barely noticing the questioning looks on the guys were giving her. She had no time to do anything else but lean over the toilet, before she felt herself throwing up. The smell was rather disgusting, and so was the feeling of it sticking to the corners of her mouth. After standing there fir a couple of seconds waiting for more to come, she turned on the sink and washed her face thoroughly. She gurgled some water before spitting it out into the sink again. Well if she was to think positively, then at least she was just sick and not pregnant. Her concussion would pass and she would be as good as new in a couple of days.

Hayden put her blonde hair up into a messy bun, glad that it hadn't gotten in the way when she had thrown up. She also pulled out a couple strays of hair and roughed it up a bit; she didn't want it to look too uptight. Her blue eyes looked dull and on the border to being gray. They weren't like that, but her mood did have some form of impact on how bright they looked. She grabbed a pack of toothpaste that she found in a open shelf above the sink. She squeezed out a good amount onto her finger, and applied it onto her teeth. Her breath hadn't smelled particularly good after she'd thrown up. She spit out and did the same over again a couple of times before she was satisfied with the end result. Her mouth both felt and smelt fresh, and her breath would no longer be able to drive people away, which it could have if she hadn't brushed them.

She felt like taking a shower, but all of her clean clothes were back in her room. Hayden figured that she should probably head back there son anyway. She wasn't in the hospital to play sleepover, but for them to watch over her, and make sure that nothing worse would happen. She was finally not hungry anymore either, thanks to her brother. The bathroom door vibrated slightly as someone was knocking on it with gentle hands.

"Hayd, are you okay? You looked a little sick back there, should I call for a doctor to come and check on you? I'm sure that Dr Wesley would wanna know if something was wrong. You have to think of your health too Hayden. The sooner you get to leave the hospital, the sooner you can go back to surfing the waves" he expressed with both a serious face and a matching voice. I'm leaving now so if you wanna go back to your room I can take you there" Jason sounded genuinely concerned, and even though she understood his concerns, she didn't feel like talking to a doctor about how she was feeling.