Chapter 18

Hello again :) An early update simply because you're so amazing. Please vote if u like it and if you want more early updates :) It would mean a lot to me :) Leave a comment telling me what you think, I love hearing your opinions :) Thanks and enjoy!

Hayden stood completely frozen in her tracks, not moving a muscle. It wasn't the first time she'd heard a gunshot, but it was the first time it had terrified her. Besides, watching Sons of Anarchy probably didn't count anyways. She could still hear muttering from the dark ally, but the screaming was gone- and as far as Hayden knew, silence after a gunshot was never a good thing.

She'd been told time after time to leave the crime scene and call the police if ever she found herself in such a situation, yet for some reason she couldn't seem to move. Worse than that was the fact that she hadn't even brought her cellphone. The sun was still up and seeing as Hayden still found herself partly in the street, it wouldn't take more than for somebody to turn their heads around before they noticed her. Finally able to move again, Hayden took a quick step behind the corner, and made sure that she was no longer in the "line of fire".

Somehow the street had gotten all quiet, and there were barely any people to see. How long had she been skating for? And where was she exactly? She'd never been in this part of the town before, and she was starting to realize why. From the outside it didn't look much different from the neighborhood that Hayden lived in, but the atmosphere seemed to be one of a completely different sort.

"What do I do now?" Hayden muttered quietly to herself as she crouched down against the wall of an old building. When she said that she wanted to do something adventurous she certainly didn't mean getting mixed up in some illegal shit. Leaving fast as hell seemed to be her best option of getting away from there safely. Unfortunately, her skateboard which was the only transport she had, was now roadkill, and she had no other way of getting home. Hayden sighed loudly, realizing that she would have to get out of there on foot. She could probably catch a bus home from the mall which was only a couple of blocks up, assuming that she'd make it that fat that is.

Deciding that her best option would probably be to leave the broken skateboard, Hayden tiptoed as fast as she could past the dark ally. Everything seemed to be going well, except her sore feet made her trip in her own shoelaces, and even though she managed to stay on her feet, she still made quite the noise when she yelped out in desperation.

"Hey! Stay there and don't move a muscle". A deep voice cracked through the air, sending very bad shivers down Hayden's back. It was the kind of voice that would make the hair stand up on one's back, even if all he said was "hi".

"Oh crap" Hayden whispered to herself, practically shaking with fear.

Several footsteps were heard as the sound got closer and closer. Hayden did as she was told and stood completely still, her eye's blinking muscle being the only one in use. Suddenly she could see a shadow in the corner of her eye.

"Turn" the same voice demanded, sounding deadly calm.

Hayden debated on whether or not she should run, but remembering that someone had a gun she just couldn't take the chance. Starting with her right foot she turned towards the voice, her left foot following calmly behind. Lastly she gained enough courage to turn her head as well, and met eyes with a man in a black hoodie. Most parts of his face were covered by the collar of his sweater, and his eyes and nose were practically his only facial characteristics that were on show. His eyes matched his voice with what could only be deep dark eyes, though it was heard to see seeing as he was standing in the dark ally. She could make out a couple of figures behind him, though they seemed to be keeping their distance for the time being. She could only assume that she was speaking to the leader of whichever group she'd ran into.