Chapter 25

1k votes!! You guys are amazing :) And a special shoutout to Crazy_FanGirl_Here_ for always being there to vote and comment on my chapters. I really appreciate it, thank u <3
Who's your favorite character so far?

Suddenly she was embraced by a strong pair of arms, stroking down her back as she cried her eyes out.

"Shhh" he whispered into her ear, slowly rocking her back and forth, letting her cry into his shirt.

"I'm so sorry Hayden, I didn't mean to make you cry" he apologized, comforting her in the best way he knew how.

"Don't cry babe, we'll figure it out, alright? I promise" he said, pulling a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"You just need to let it out, and then I promise you'll fell all better afterwards" he promised, probably speaking from experience.

She didn't cry all that often, but when she did Zach always seemed to be the cause or just the person she went to afterwards. He was actually a pretty great comforter, if she had to say so herself.

"I'm so sorry Zach" she finally managed to choke out, the noise muffled by his shirt.

"For what Hayd?" he asked, continuously stroking down her back.

"For everything. For pushing you away and for being selfish" she said, trying to dry away her tears, but they were just replaced by new ones.

"It's fine Hayden, it's all fine" he assured her, never leaving her side.

"Will you tell me one thing though?" he asked, and she had a feeling that he was gong to push the limits on that one. Yet, she still let him because let's be honest- she pretty much owed him the world at the moment.

"Mhm" she said, allowing him to ask his question.

"Do you still love him?" he whispered it into her ear, sure to not make any sudden movements that would make her avoid the question.

Hayden let out a sigh in between her ocean of tears, not a single bit surprised that this was his question.

"Why do you care so much?" she asked, completely exhausted.

"Because, my grandparents are getting a divorce" he said, letting a sad tone creep into his voice.

"What?" Hayden asked, completely surprised at his sudden answer.

"My grandparents whom have been married for more forty five years have now decided that they don't wanna be together anymore. Apparently my grandma hasn't been properly happy since the beginning of their marriage. And I just can't believe it, because she always had a big smile plastered on er face when we went to visit them, and my granddad always seemed happy too. But apparently they've been wanting to get one for a while, they just wanted to wait until us grand-kids got older so that we wouldn't be so hurt by it. I'm telling you though, I haven't felt so betrayed in my entire life"

"That's terrible Zach, but I don't see what that has got to do with anything" Hayden asked, not following where this was going.

"My point is that I've never seen two people as happy to be together as you and Phoenix. The love the two of you share is rare Hayden, and not everyone gets that". Hayden was still looking down on her feet as Zach spoke, not knowing what to say. He sounded so sad and so genuine. She knew that Zach had never been properly in love, so maybe he envied what she and Phoenix had.

"My two best friends fell in love Hayden, and to be honest- nothing could have made me happier. But seeing you both like this- knowing that there's something you can do about it- is killing me" he explained, no longer rubbing her back.