Chapter 14

“Daniel, can I talk to Emily, please?” I asked, plopping down between them on the couch.

“Sure.” He slowly got up and left.

“What now?” Emily groaned.

“Em, I’m a bad person.”

“No you’re not, Luke-“ I cut her off.

“No,” I lowered my voice. “I’m only with Beau to try and get rid of my feelings for him.”

She frowned.

“You know that’s not going to work, babe.” She sighed.

“Yes it will. Have some hope, girl.”

“It’s only going to make you want him more!”

-Luke’s POV-

I heard everything Emily and Maizy were saying. I felt bad for Beau but at the same time I was estatic. She loved me more and she wanted me. I was already on my way to tell the girls that we were heading out but I stopped before the door when I heard my name.

-Maizy’s POV-

“We’re going out for supper. Mum’s treat!” Luke cried as he ran into the room.

“Oh yay. Food!” I cheered, jumping up then realizing what I was wearing. “Can we stop at mine, first?”

“You look fine.” Luke assured.

I slouched out the front door and climbed in Beau’s car. He was already in it, waiting.

“Hey babe.” He kissed me.

“Hey. Swing by my house first?” I asked.

“You look fine!” Emily cried from the backseat.

“I look like a slob!” I yelled back.

“You have 5 minutes.” Beau announced.

When I climbed back into the car I had something much more presentable on. A pair of short shorts and a Janoskians t-shirt.

We pulled up at the restaurant and parked beside Gina’s car. When we found the others inside I noticed Sydni had been picked up on the way and Nonna and Nonno had shown up too.

“What’s the big occasion?” Luke questioned.

“Just treating you to dinner before the tour.” Gina replied.

“Tour?” I snapped to Beau, who was beside me.

“I thought Luke told you.”

I turned to Luke who was seated in front of me.

“I forgot.” He replied sheepishly.

“Thanks, Luke.” I groaned. “Where’s James?” I asked.

“He’s coming.” Jai replied, glancing up from a text from James.

“Luke, where’s your girlfriend?” Nonna asked.

I almost chocked on my water when I realized that she meant me. I slowly raised my eyes and looked to see Luke staring at me. I felt everyone staring at me. Their eyes were burning holes in my skin and my face turned about 100 shades deeper red.

“She was busy today.” Luke lied.

I don’t think I could deal with knowing that Nonna hated me for what I did, too. Beau’s arm snuck around and placed itself on my hip and squeezed gently on my skin. Eventually James arrived and we ended up staying for almost 2 hours. Beau dropped Emily and Daniel off at Daniel’s and made his way to my house, stopping in my drive way.

“Want to come in?” I asked.

“Nah, you have school tomorrow.” He replied.

“Oh, don’t feed me bullshit. You want to, come in.”

“You’re right.”

We pushed through the front door and headed straight to my room.

“I’m going to shower.” I announced, leaving him, sitting on my bed.

“Hey Beau. Hand me that towel over there!” I ordered, sticking my head out of the bathroom door and pointing across the room.

“I could. But I won’t.” he replied.

“Beau! Get me the towel!”

He shook his head. I swung the door open and strutted across the room and grabbed the towel. When I turned he was staring at me as I dried my hair.

“Can we just cuddle naked, or fuck?” Beau asked biting his lip.

“Mom’s home, sorry.” I stated.

He stared at me in shock that I would actually do it as I slipped on some pajamas and crawled under my covers next to him.

*****

I woke up to Beau’s arm around my stomach and his warm body tight against my back. His breathing was heavy but quiet. Him holding me like this made me feel comfortable and I almost didn’t get up. I picked his hand up off of my stomach and slowly slid forward to crawl out but Beau’s hand slapped down and pulled me back in.

“I have to get ready.” I giggled as he kissed my neck.

“5 more minutes.” His voice was deep and husky.

“I wish.” I pried myself from his grip and stumbled out of bed.

I could feel his eyes on my while I changed into my uniform.

“Want some breakfast?” I asked him as he slipped into his clothes.

“Naah, I’ll eat at home.”

He drove me to the front of the school and pinched my ass as I climbed out.

“You could have picked us up, cunt!” Luke cursed as he climbed out of Gina’s car.

I looked over at them to see Gina shaking a finger at Luke for his words.

“Sorry Mum.” He replied, closing the door.

“Walk me to first class?” I asked, holding my arm out as his wrapped his around mine.

I really wanted to get back with Luke but I had to get over these feelings for Beau. Maybe Emily was right, maybe dating him was only going to make my feelings for him stronger. I was secretly hoping that something would happen that would make my feelings vanish.