Chapter 23

“Fill me up too!” I yelled at Beau as he refilled his red solo cup.

The usual group and I were at someone’s house party on New Year’s Eve. Beau poured some drink in my cup and turned to join Emily, Sydni and Bayley in the middle of the group of people dancing. We were doing the thing every group of drunken teenage girls do at parties, dancing close like lesbian sluts. As Daniel so kindly told us we were doing. I had finished what I hadn’t spilled of my drink and stumbled back into the kitchen for a refill.

“I think you’ve had enough.” Luke snuck up behind me and took my cup.

“No I haven’t, Jai.” I grabbed my cup from him.

“I think you have because I’m not Jai.” Luke sighed.

“You’re not? Well shit, I thought you were.”

“Well it’s Luke, and you’re drunk.” He grabbed my hand and stopped me from pouring something into my cup.

His arm was around my waist and his chin was hovering over my shoulder. He lightly tugged on the cup in my hand and I gave in and let go, giving it to him. He pulled me out of the kitchen and back to the group of people dancing. His arms remained around my waist the whole time and I was grinding my butt on his crotch to tease him as revenge for stopping me from drinking. His lips mauled my neck and his hands mauled my hips. By the time midnight had swung around I had sobered up enough to know what was going on. The music had gotten quiet and everyone stopped dancing.

“We’re down to the final minute! Grab somebody sexy, tell ‘em hey, and pucker up!” the host of the party shouted to the crowd.

I was dancing with the girls so I took off searching for Luke. The crowd was counting and I was down to 30 seconds. I pushed past people and finally spotted him looking for me. At the 10 second mark we began running towards each other. When the crowd screamed out the last second Luke and I crashed together and he kissed me passionately. Everyone cheered and wished everyone else a ‘Happy New Year’. I found Emily and headed back to the dance floor and Luke headed off to find Beau.  

“Let’s go. Everyone else is leaving.” Luke pulled me away when he found me after a few hours as I was pouring a drink.

In one hand I clutched a more than half full bottle of vodka and a plastic cup in the other.

“What about this?” I asked him waving the bottle in his face.

“Free drink.” He replied.

Beau, Luke and I walked home together and Luke was forced to keep us in line seeing we were both drunk. Beau’s arm was over my shoulder and vise-versa. We were swinging back and forth belting out songs and passing the bottle back and forth.

“Shut up, people are sleeping.” Luke scolded.

“No they’re not!” I yelled back. “Oh, my birthday’s in a week and I’m expecting a party.” I continued.

“Ooh, yay! Another party!” Beau hollered.

The next morning I awoke and ran straight to the bathroom to vomit in the toilet. I clutched my pounding head and slowly stood up, spotting Gina standing in the doorway. I rinsed out my mouth well and leaned against the sink.

“Have you told him yet?” she asked me, folding her arms and looking me over.

“Excuse me?” I cocked an eyebrow.

“How long have you known?” she asked. “Does anyone else know?”

“Oh god, Gina! No, no, no!” I cried, shaking my head. “I’m not pregnant, we were partying last night and I got pretty drunk.”

She looked at me oddly.

“I swear.” I added.

She left and I sighed of relief. I headed back to Luke’s room and snuggled up with him again.

*****

-Luke’s POV-

“Let’s go! She’ll be here any moment!” I shouted as people scrambled to get the house ready.

Emily was hosting Maizy’s birthday party that I had organized for her. I was stressing out because we waited until last minute to decorate and get things set up.

“Why don’t you go home and get ready.” Sydni stopped me. “I’ve got it, don’t worry.”

I gave in and rushed home to quickly get ready. When I returned everything was perfect. Not long after my phone vibrated and it was Emily.

“We’re in the driveway!” my screen screamed at me.

-Maizy’s POV-

Emily jumped out of her car and started towards the door.

“Come on! I need you to help me find it.” she lost her wallet.

I climbed out and slowly made my way to the house. She had me dressed up to go out for my birthday. I really just wanted to spend the night with Luke but “no boyfriends!” Emily instructed. When I stepped through the front door, her house was unusually quiet.

“Em?” I hollered.

“In here!” her voice came from around the corner in the living room. I rounded the corner to see a large group of people standing, including Emily and Luke.

“Surprise!” they all yelled.

“Happy birthday, babe.” Luke said while snaking his arm around my waist and kissing my cheek.

“Awh, guys!” I cooed.

“It wasn’t us!” Bayley replied.

“Did you do this?” I asked, looking up at the handsome boy standing confidently beside me.

“Yeah.” He beamed as everyone snapped pictures.

“You know what I would have really loved?” I turned to Luke.

“Birthday sex!” James yelled from somewhere within the crowd.

“Yeah!” I screamed, throwing my fist into the air.

“Alright, everyone go home.” Luke joked. “What would you have loved?”

“Nothing but this will do.” Everyone laughed.

Someone handed me a cup and Daniel and Jai started a group chant.

“Speech, speech!” they all ordered.

“Ok, ok!” I held up my hands. “I just want to thank everyone for coming out this evening to help make this night the best night ever. I also want to thank my wonderful boyfriend, Luke for everything he’s done.” I pulled in closer to him. “You’ve helped make everything so perfect and I couldn’t ask for a better person to spend my birthday with. We’ve been through so much and I’ll always love you, Luke.”

“Forever and always.” He whispered.

Everyone cheered as we kissed.

“Thanks once again, love you all. Have a good night! Make good choices.” I closed my speech and headed off to have an amazing time.