Sharon

"Chad, can we talk?"
"Sure, what's up?"
"I'm not sure I can do it."
"Do what?"
"I say not sure, I'm positive I can't do it."
"Do what?"
"Marry you."
"What?"
"You're one of the nicest, most amazing people I've ever met, but I can't do this."
"We can put it off if you want to, you know wait a bit?"
"You don't understand."
"Understand what?"
"I'm so so sorry but I can't be with you."
"What?"
"Someone else came into my life and well, I need them in my life, I can't let them go."
"You've been seeing someone else?"
"I'm so sorry."
"I can't believe this."
"It just sort of happened."
"Who?"
"Can we please not drag him into this."
"Don't I at least deserve to know the name of the guy that's better than me?" Chad asked as he stood up and shook his head. "Who said he's better than you?"
"Why else would you dump me for him?"
"Please don't do this, he's not better than you, it's just..."
"It's just what?"
"I didn't realise how much I needed him until recently."
"How long have you been seeing him?"
"What?"
"How long?"
"A while, I don't know exactly."
"Just tell me who it is."
"I can't, I don't want to hurt him."
"And you don't mind hurting me?"
"I'm sorry okay, I'm a shit person who doesn't deserve you, I don't deserve him either."
"Just put me out of my misery." My phone started ringing on the table and we both stared at it. "Is it him?" I picked it up and looked at the caller ID. "Is it?"
"It's Will." I declined the call and placed my phone back down.
"I'm gonna go pack some of my stuff, I can't be dealing with this." Chad sighed before heading upstairs and leaving me sat staring after him. My phone rang once more. I picked it up and accepted the call.
"Why did you decline my call?" Willam said.
"I'm sorry, we were in the middle of something."
"What?"
"I just broke up with Chad."
"Are you serious?!"
"Yeah, I want Justin in my life, I didn't realise how much until recently, I was so shit to him yet he forgave me."
"Awww."
"Thank you."
"What for?"
"Bringing him back into my life."
"Well you're welcome, but if it's Lasky you want you might want to go and tell her today."
"Why?"
"She's leaving for drama school in a few hours."
"You're fucking with me?"
"Nope."
"Shit, love you, bye." I hung up and grabbed my jacket.
"Rushing off to see your boyfriend, are we?"
"I'm so sorry Chad, but I need to go and see Justin."
"Justin?"
"I'm sorry."
"You're throwing away what we have for someone you barely know?"
"It's not like that."
"Then tell my what it's like."
"I've known Justin since I was nine, he's Brooke's brother, I was always at their house growing up, we even dated in high school."
"You two knew each other this whole time?"
"I'm sorry, I would explain more but I've really got to go, I've got to stop him leaving."
"Whatever, I'll make sure I'm gone before you get back."
"Please don't be like that."
"How else am I supposed to act? I mean my boyfriend just dumped me for his ex." I sighed before heading out to my car.

***

I climbed out of the car and knocked on the front door loudly. The door opened and Brooke stood there wearing a unicorn onesie. "What are you-"
"-please tell me Justin is still here."
"He left for the airport a while ago."
"What time is his flight?"
"Eleven, but are you going to tell me what's going on?"
"Come on, I'll explain everything, but we need to go." Brooke closed the door and we raced to my car.
"What's happening?"
"I want Justin, I don't want him to leave."
"What about Chad?"
"I just broke up with him."
"You did?"
"Yeah."
"How did he react?"
"He's pissed but I didn't get to explain properly because I needed to get here."

***

We pulled up at the airport and raced inside causing people to stare at us.
"This is so embarrassing, you dragged me here in unicorn onesie."
"This was important." I dragged Brooke over to the desk.
"How may I help you?"
"I need a ticket for the flight to California leaving at eleven."
"You're leaving it a little late, aren't you?"
"I just need a ticket."
"Right, that's sixty nine dollars."
"Are you serious?"
"Yes sir."
"Do you have any money on you?" I asked Brooke.
"Do I look like I carry money around in the pockets of a unicorn onesie?"
"Shit, I grabbed my wallet and emptied all the money on the counter." The woman took her time counting it whilst the ticket printed. "You've given me too much."
"Just keep it." I grabbed the ticket and ran through the airport until I saw Justin stood staring out the window at a plane taking off.
"Justin?" I panted as I walked up behind him.
"Aaron?" He replied as he turned around. "What the fuck are you doing here?"
"Stopping you."
"What?"
"Give me a second, I just ran here." I muttered causing Justin to laugh. "Right, you can't go." I said once i'd caught my breath.
"Why not?"
"I need you."
"You don't, you managed five years without me, so you'll manage."
"I shouldn't have left you, I just needed to get away from everything, I was stupid, but if you'll give me another chance, we can do everything properly this time and to be honest I'll be offended if you say no because you gave Joel another one and he's a twat." I said earning another laugh from Justin.
"I don't know, I mean you're with Chad and you're engaged."
"I'm not, I broke up with him this morning."
"You did?"
"I told him It was you I wanted, I told him as much as I could before I had to leave to be here."
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, FLIGHT 220 TO CALIFORNIA IS NOW BOARDING." I looked back at Justin. "Please don't go, I need you, I love you."
"Did you really mean what you said?"
"About what?"
"It being me you wanted ."
"Yes, for once we can just be a normal couple." Justin dropped the bag he was holding on the floor before pulling me into a hug. "I'm sorry." He muttered.
"For what?"
"Coming back into your life."
"What?"
"If I hadn't, you'd still be with Chad and you'd be getting married."
"You don't know that."
"I missed you a lot when you first moved away, I hated you, but I couldn't help missing you." I took Justin's hand and we walked back through the airport.
"When we first started dating, I was worried you'd find someone better and dump me."
"Why would I do that?"
"I don't know."
"I mean you were my first crush."
"Am I still your crush?"
"Maybe."
"Do you still write about me in your diary?"
"It's not a diary!"
"Whatever you say." 
"Shut up."
"Love you really."