epilogue

[Mouah hahahahahahahahahahaha
Am I mean or what? Well, maybe not so mean. Also! Important AN at the end! Please read it. But before you get to that...Here you go >:)]

Emptiness.

That's all I feel.

That, and someone clinging onto my shoulders.

I breath a sigh, but I don't feel my breath pass my lips. It's strange.

The body I'm holding shifts.

"Danny?" I ask and let go of him. The cut on his forehead is gone. His leg seems to have healed. He pulls away from our hug and looks around. I do the same. But there was nothing to see. We were kneeling, hugging each other in a blank void. Light wisps of silver and gold pasted by occasionally. There was no sound. No identifiable sourse of light. Shadows covered one side of Danny's face one moment, then came from another angle the next, like we were rotating.

"What happened?" He asked. "The building," he looked back to me, confusion laced his face. The light falling on the top of his head. "It-"

"I don't know." I said. "I... I can't feel anything." My friend glanced behind me.

Danny's eyes widened as he looked over my shoulder. His jaw dropped.

"What?" I ask, turning to see what caused his reaction. Walking towards us, in a black masters robe and a rice hat casting his face in shadow, was an old man.

He radiated light and power. As well as shadow and destruction. He was a perfect balance.

"Y-" I couldn't get the words out. "The first-"

Under his rice hat, I could see his mouth twist up in a gentle smile. A smile I've seen thousands of times on Lloyd's face. "Yes. I am the first spinjitsu master. My name is _____."

Danny shook his head. "I'm sorry?"

"_____."

"How- how do you pronounce that?"

"_____."

Danny closed his mouth, still unsatisfied but moving onwards and looked around. "What-" he trailed off.

"What is this place?" _____ chuckled and began to walk around the void. Where he stepped, he left patches of life. Footprints of gold and light. "Yes I suppose that is a fair question. One I may be able to answer." Suddenly he was behind Danny. Danny yelped.

"I suppose this is like an in between. Halfway between life," he opened one hand hand a butterfly flew out of it, seemingly coming from nowhere. "And death." In his other hand, the butterfly landed and disappeared in a shadow.

I gasped. Danny frowned. "So... we get a choice?"

The old man continued his walk. Danny and I followed him. The space under our feet had begun to solidify into a brilliant green plain. Small flowers grew between the grass blades. The space above us swirled with blue sky aswell as gold and silver now.

"Of a sort," _____ stoped and kneeled. He brushed his fingers along the closed petals of a flower and I watched in wonder as it bloomed. He stood and faced us. The light, coming directly from behind him kept his face dark.

"Unfortunately, you can't return to Ninjago, your bodies are gone." My chest felt like it suddenly weighed a thousand pounds and coverd with ice.

"We're... dead?" I asked, my voice catching in my throat. Danny looked down at his hands.