Chapter Twelve

It had been seven days since Yoongi left and five since Taehyung left. Today was Jungkook's birthday. He mostly wanted to stay in bed and sleep but he forced himself to be productive. He texted Yoongi when he got up but he didn't respond. He tried to text Taehyung but he didn't respond. Jungkook sat on the coutch after getting snacks and curled up in a blanket. It upset him that not even his mom said happy birthday, he expected texts when he woke but got nothing. 

He went on netflix to watch movies all day but his phone rung. He picked it up and seen it was his mom. He smiled a bit and put the phone to his ear. "Hello Mom"

"Hi Kook. Its going to rain soon so Id rather do this quickly but I went ahead and packed the rest of your things that you left, I figure your going to be with Yoongi so I went and cleared your room out, could you by chance pick the stuff up?"

Jungkook's smile faded away and he frowned. "Oh..." He took a deep breath. "I don't have a car so I-"

"Oh its really no problem. They are kinda just in the way, I'm throwing your brother a party next week.., could it be done by then?"

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows a bit before nodding. "Yeah Yeah, I um can have someone help me, its no problem!"

"Thats great news. Well I'll let you go dear. Oh and Jungkook?"

Jungkook perked up slightly and smiled. "Yeah?"

"When you come, could you check the mail? I'm on my way to an appointment and forgot to"

Jungkook's eyes grew wide before he looked down at the coffee table. "Will do, mom" Jungkook hung up and got up. He shoved his phone into his pocket and put on his jacket, he grabed an umbrella and put his shoes on. He went and opened the door and was startled when he seen Hoseok. "Oh jeez. You scared me"

Hoseok seemed suprised at first before backing away slightly so Jungkook could get out of the door way. "Sorry. I was wondering if Yoongi was home? I wanted to see if he wanted to hang out"

"Oh, hes out of town. Visiting some guy named Jin? Some big doctor or something"

"Thats too bad" Hoseok looked down for a moment then looked at Jungkook "Do you wanna hang out with me?"

Jungkook looked at him before shruging. "I dunno. Today hasn't been the greatest...I um.." Jungkook looked down for a moment and sighed. "Todays my birthday. No one has told me happy birthday, not even my mom and I'm not sure how to feel about it. I feel alone. Ive been alone for about a week now and I just want to cry" Jungkook frowned then looked at Hoseok before shaking his head. "I'm sorry for ranting..."

"Its fine" Hoseok said softly, he wasn't sure if Jungkook was big on hugs but he pulled him into one anyway and rubbed his back when the hug was returned. "I'm sorry you arn't haveing a great birthday. It understand how it feels. I know you wanna be by yourself but I could take you to the mall? Or out to eat? So you arn't alone"

Jungkook suddenly hugged him tighter before feeling tears come to his eyes. He pulled away to look at Hoseok. He gently wiped his eyes with his sleves. "Its okay, I'm fine with whatever" He glanced at Hoseok's car then Hoseok. "Could we stop by my mom's house though? I have to pick up my things from there"

"Of course, its no problem" Hoseok walked to his car and got into the drivers seat and watched Jungkook get into the passengers seat. He buckled before putting the car in reverse and drove to Jungkook's mothers house when given the address. The whole ride was silent expect for the light tapping noises from the rain that was starting to fall. Hoseok parked his car in the drive way when they got there. He watched Jungkook check the mail before going inside and bring out a few boxes. He got out and helped him put them in the trunk and the back seat. He got back in the car after he was done and looked at Jungkook then backed out.