6

I woke up with Caroline in my bed, I guess I had another nightmare. She was holding me close. I moved a little to sit up and Damon was already sat watching us. Creepy. "Morning." I mumbled as I rubbed my face with my hands. "Morning." He said in a hushed tone. The other two were still sleeping. 

Caroline looked like a princess and Stefan had his mouth wide open spread across the whole bed. "Training?" "Sure." I said getting out of bed. I was never one to sleep in, there was always something that needed doing. Either that or we were on the move so we was up early anyway. 

Changed into the active wear Caroline picked out for me yesterday and Damon tied my hair back which was a nice surprise. He used a ribbon we picked up yesterday. Mother used to do my hair for me when she had been out for a while. It was like a bonding time. I just didn't think Damon knew how to do hair. It was half decent, I had a few fuzzy bits but it's expected with curly hair I guess, especially when you don't know how to tame it. I tapped a little water on it and it was fixed. "Thank you." I say as we made our way to the empty parking lot. 

"We're going into town, come on." He said standing by Stefan's car. I looked back at our room door. Caroline was a safe option. Damon could kill me. What if he didn't believe me? And he wanted me gone. "You wanted to feed didn't you? Nows our time." He says with a mischievous smirk. I took another look at the door. "I won't let you hurt anyone." He assured me and I agreed getting into the back of the car. 

"You can sit up front if you'd like?" He offered. I nodded and he helped me climb through so I didn't have to get out in the cold morning air. "So first thing about feeding on live people my darling." He said in a sarcastic tone. "Is learning the protocol." "Snatch, eat, erase." "Erase?" I questioned. "compulsion... You know the mind power." I nodded familiar with the term. "You make them forget all about it. They won't be scared by what you had done and they'll forget about it." I nodded taking mental notes of his instructions. "So first you find a target." I looked at me. "Then you begin talking to them, like normal." I nodded but he was watching the road by now. "You tell them, they're not going to be scared and to follow you... When they do you take them to an alley or some place dark." I looked out the window. Everywhere was dark the sun hadn't began rising yet. "Then you eat... not too much, when you feel them going all floppy you're taking too much stop." Stop! I repeated in my brain. "Then you tell them to forget the whole thing and they don't remember who you are or what you did." I nodded. "And they should walk away." Got it. "And you just feed successfully." He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Snatch, eat Erase." I repeated. "Fast learner... now repeat the plan back to me." So I did, make sure I remember what to say at the right moment. When we pulled up into town. He had me practice on him. Skipping over the blood sucking part of course.

When I just got finished there was a tap on the car window and it made me jump. "Roll it down." Damon says pointing to a button. So I pressed it and the window retracted inside the car. "Morning Officer." "Morning, Salvatore was it?" "Damon." He says confidently I sat trying to find another noise to focus on. Damon couldn't hide my face this time. "Out early." He observed. "We wanted to see the sun rise over the hills sir." I say giving him my best innocent look. "How lovely." He said. "You'll remember us as a loving family and no longer question us." I say looking deep into his eyes. "You're a loving family... I will no longer question you." "Now leave, stay in your car until the sun has risen." I say. "I'll be in my car until the sun has risen." He repeated in a trance before walking away. 

I rolled the window back up. "So how did I do?" I asked with a smile. He was already smiling at me. "Perfect. just the thing I would have done." I let a proud smile lace my lips, I did something right. We got out the car and Damon pointed out a man that he said would be a good target.