8

She didn't move for the rest of the day. She didn't talk for the rest of the day. I think seeing her mum being taken away had shocked her and scared her making it all so real. Damon sat on the end of her bed. He tried to talk to her, he tried reading to her. He was trying but in the end I think she just wanted to be left. 

"How about you girls go into town and get some food." Stefan suggested in a final attempt to get her to move. And she did but she went into the bathroom and locked the door turning the taps on. Even Elena looked a little concerned. Damon was speaking to her right now. He told her to stay home and she didn't listen. I think he's under a lot of stress. "Yeah I could use a bite to eat." Elena says. Caroline agreed to go with her. "I'm gonna stay... but bring me something back." I tell them, I was reading up on the WhiteMore family to see if there was anything connecting them to witches. So far I got nothing. 

"I'll go." Stefan said. "Damon are you coming?" Elena asked. "I'm going to stay with Prim." He says flatly. "She'll be fine. Bonnie's here." "Elena it's his child." Caroline whispered not so quietly to Elena. She nodded. "Right, well do you need anything?" She asked trying to start a conversation with her husband. "Just something comfy for Prim to sleep in... maybe a coat we're going into a cooler state tomorrow... and some warmer clothes." He said... never have I seen Damon think about anyone but himself. He handed his bank card over to her. "What size? Does she have a preference in colours?" She was trying with him. "double 00." Caroline answered. "We went shopping when we first arrived here." She informs them. "She's into creams, and whites, neutral colours." He says flatly, he seemed dejected. "Okay." "She likes girly things. Damon picked some super nice dresses out for her." Caroline said as they left the room.

"Is she okay in there?" "The noise gets too much for her sometimes... water drowns it out." He tells me and I nodded. "How are you feeling?" "Fine." "Damon you just saw your first love being pulled away... you're not fine." "I'm just in shock... after you said the 30 years thing I lost hope that she would be alive... and knowing my daughter was in the same place as me and I had no clue." "Don't beat yourself up... we thought we were alone." "But I could have gotten her out." "She got herself out... which is what I'm trying to work out." I say looking back at the book. "Are you sure her last name was WhiteMore?" I asked. He nodded. "What about her mother Madian name?" "She was an orphan... well she lived with her father her mother died in child birth." He explained. "Nanny's name was Carrington." Primrose said coming out of the bathroom. She stood by the door not knowing if she should come in. She was calculating something in her head. 

"Carrington?' I asked confirming it. She nodded. I looked the name up straight away. "It is a witch bloodline name." "We weren't witches..." "Maybe you didn't practice but it would have been innate." I educate her. "You have to tap into it." She nodded understanding. "I thought Vampires can't be witches. Because it's not natural." She said sitting beside me. I looked into her eyes and they were hypnotising. "They can't but your ancestors could have heard you scream and let you channel them for a brief second to get out of there." I say. 

She was in thought. "Is he going to kill my mum?" She asked completely off topic looking at Damon, she refused to break eye contact she wanted the truth from him. "I don't know... if he's hand her all this time then theres no reason for him to kill her now." He tried. She nodded and it was quiet again. Primrose was reading over my shoulder which I didn't mind she was learning and understanding this world for herself. 

"You should go back home with Elena Damon." His face fell flat, well flatter. "No I'm staying with you." "It's not safe for her and you shouldn't have to lose anyone else... You all should go home with Elena." She says. "No." Damon says standing up. "No!" He says more firmly. "I'm helping you get your mum. Thats what we came to do. So thats what we'll do." He says. "But what if someone dies... and then it'll be my fault." She said her voice quivering. "We all chose to be here okay." I tell her. She looked at me.