Chapter 60: Put An End

Fighting ensued for days after the Crown Prince's rebellion. Quite a few people were found to be involved, including important court official and back palace personnel. Some were executed, some were exiled. The Queen's clan was far too unrestrained. Their fall played right into the Emperor's desires. As for the Queen, she was deposed and sent to the cold palace for life.

Xiu Ying: (The one who needs to be punished the most, still lives in the Imperial Clan Court. The Crown Prince was deposed in the last life, and was reinstated and even became emperor thanks to me. It will not happen in this lifetime.)

You are trying to come up with a plan that completely demolishes any possibility of his comeback. This morning the Emperor calls you over.

Emperor: Check this out. All of his accomplices rush in to confess because none of them want to die after the rebellion.

Obviously you won't really read those confessions. You comfort the Emperor a little.

Emperor: [Hmph] Now I know what the Former Crown Prince has done over the years.

Xiu Ying: The Former Crown Prince really did disappoint Your Majesty. But the worst is that The Crown Prince is not at all touched by your love.

You make the Emperor fall into silence.

Emperor: Everything he's done involves lots of innocent lives. He's even been colluding with the enemy. It is absolutely unforgivable! If I don't take action, how would I calm the people and the realm.

The Emperor has finally made up his mind. You bring his decree to the Imperial Clan Court. The Former Crown Prince didn't have a great time at the Court. His cockiness has long gone, and all he shows is anger when he sees you.

Former Crown Prince: Why are you here?

Your thirst for vengeance has never been greater than this final moment.

Xiu Ying: I'm here to see you, Your Highness.

Former Crown Prince: See me? Hmph. Just tell me what you want.

Xiu Ying: Then I shall comply. I'm here with the decree from His Majesty, to send you on your way.

Former Crown Prince: [Stunned] On my way? What do you mean?

The Crown Prince almost jumps when he sees the bowl you're holding. Unfortunately he can't do anything, being chained up.

Former Crown Prince: Impossible! My father wouldn't do this to me! I'll let him change his mind once I get out!

Xiu Ying: You know well what you have done over the years, and if you should die. His Majesty is too disappointed to want to see you again.

Former Crown prince: [Lifeless] How did it get like this? How did it get like this? You bitch! You set me up right?

Xiu Ying: It's your own fault. Though I must admit I wanted this to happen since the beginning.

Former Crown Prince: So your fragile appearance is all a ruse!

Xiu Ying: [Smiling] Indeed it is. You don't have to feel bad though. After all, you only helped me because you wanted to use me, no?

The Former Crown Prince glares at you, but doesn't respond.

Xiu Ying: I guess you won't be drinking it yourself. I'll have to find someone to force it down you then.

The young eunuch hears you and comes over to help. The Former Crown Prince struggles hard, but there's nothing he can do to stop the drugs from being forced down.

Former Crown Prince: [Screams] I have no quarrel with you!

Xiu Ying: [Turns around] Yeah, I didn't have any with you either... so why did you treat me like that?

You turn around and go through the long corridor. It's grey all over, and only the light in front of you guides your way. The Former Crown Prince's screams get softer and softer. Seems he no longer has the strength to struggle. The scenes from the past life flash before you. The first encounter, the fake love, the one-sided wish, and the end of the road...

Xiu Ying: Finally, closure.

You leave the Imperial Clan Court. The sudden change in your brightness makes you a bit woozy.

Xiu Ying: [Look towards He Shen] Thank you Master He for letting me in alone.

He Shen: I should be thanking you. I hate to see dead people. It'll give me nightmares. You are strong and daring. Your life will be better from now on.

Xiu Ying: Yeah. I had to traverse through the thrones, and the path ahead should be easier. Thank you, Master He.

 Thank you, Master He