Chapter 133: Secret Summons

As you stay in the mansion, Prince Jin hasn't summoned you again for several days. Despite this, you dare not to slack, fearing that the prince may suddenly summon you and you would have no result to show him. You spend your time taking care of Si Yan and making her more like Yan'er. Although you never met Yan'er, other people's comments have confirmed your efforts.

Xiu Ying: [Looking at the girl practicing walking] Lady Si Yan, let's call it a day. We shall continue tomorrow.

Si Yan: I'm fine. Let me practice for a while longer.

You are surprised that Si Yan seems to be quite dedicated on this matter and have been training hard.

Xiu Ying: [Smile] Lady Si Yan, your efforts will be paid off, and you will have a very bright future.

Si Yan is walking slowly and lightly when she hears your words, and she smiles shyly. You can't be certain the degree she now resembles Yan'er, but you're certain that she is way different from who she used to be.

Si Yan: I just want to stay alive. Everything else is just a luxury to me.

Si Yan suddenly stops and points at the door for you, then smiles with some flash in her eyes.

Si Yan: Look, there is a guard staring at us from outside the door. I'm sure he is staring at you.

You turn your head and find Fu Heng standing under a tree nearby. It's hard to figure out if he is looking this way. Si Yan must have very sharp eyesight.

Xiu Ying: He can't be. I know what I look like.

Si Yan: Anyway, I'm leaving.

Si Yan apparently doesn't believe your words. She just leaves as she says. The yellow leaves are rustling in the wind, and Fu Heng under the tree smiles when he sees you are approaching. At this very moment, even the grey winter day becomes colorful.

Xiu Ying: Brother! Why are you here!?

Fu Heng: [Taking off his coat and put it on you] Why are you wearing so little in such a cold day?

You look around in a sneaky manner as you are wearing Fu Heng's coat, only relaxing after confirming no one else is around.

Xiu Ying: I'm not feeling cold! Don't let yourself catch cold, brother.

Fu Heng: Don't worry... I'm a military person. Coldness is nothing to me. Let's take a walk, shall we?

You nod and walk alongside Fu Heng on a path. It's a pity that even such a walking can't be casual as you can't help but avoid whoever is approaching.

Xiu Ying: [Smile] Brother, don't you think it's ridiculous for me to feel guilty just walking with you?

Fu Heng: It won't be like this soon.

Xiu Ying: Of course! We shall walk as much as we like when we are back!

Suddenly you notice something is wrong with Fu Heng, as if he is about to say something.

Xiu Ying: Brother, what's troubling you?

Fu Heng: You can feel it?

Xiu Ying: [Resignated] I can tell from your face. What happened? Just tell me!

The sky is dark and the cold wind blows as if there are suppressing something. Fu Heng is silent for so long that you feel like he is not gonna talk.

Fu Heng: I've received a secret order.

You have a shocked feeling. The order should be from the Emperor. Is there some new assignment for Fu Heng? Or...

Fu Heng: I'm being recalled.

Your ears ached in the wind, and there is only emptiness in your heart. You are not sure how to respond.

Fu Heng: I don't want to return, but you could get into trouble if I don't. I have no choice.

You understand that the Emperor favors Fu Heng, and Fu Heng will without doubt obey the order, or he would be against the Emperor's will and invite punishment upon you and his family.

Xiu Ying: Brother, it's okay. I can make it alone. I thought I was going to walk this path alone, and I'm so happy you can accompany me in a part of it!

Fu Heng: I didn't expect him to...

Xiu Ying: [Hurriedly stop him] Brother, some words should be kept on your tongue even in the Western Liang.

Fu Heng falls silent once more. You two walk side by side without a word, but both are troubled by a suppressing feeling.

Xiu Ying: There must be some good reason to recall you. Maybe you are more needed there. Don't worry about me. I'm a cautious person and I'll be fine.

Fu Heng: I will seek the chance for His Majesty to send me back.

Xiu Ying: [Shaking head] Don't act too concerned on me, or you could raise others' suspicion and cause trouble on yourself. Let's not talk about these! When will you leave?

Fu Heng: I've already delayed for a few day. I'll leave tomorrow.

He stops as he speaks, and you follow suit. Fu Heng turns around towards you, and just as you are about to say some joke, he suddenly pulls you into his embrace.

His embrace is so warm. He holds you tightly, unwilling to let go.

Xiu Ying: Fu Heng...

Fu Heng: Don't let go. Just stay in my arms for a while.

On the next day, the body of a suddenly dead guard is carried out from Prince Jin's Mansion

On the next day, the body of a suddenly dead guard is carried out from Prince Jin's Mansion. Such things have happened before, and since the dead is of no significance, nobody seems to care about him. But you know that he is Fu Heng, and that he has managed to leave the mansion.

Xiu Ying: (Not even able to say goodbye...)

You stand by the door looking at the dispersing crowd, feeling bitterness in your heart. Now you are all alone.

Si Yan: Found you.

Hearing Si Yan's voice, you quickly recover and smile at her.

Xiu Ying: Just for some refreshment. Why are you here, Lady Si Yan? How can I serve you?

Si Yan: Nothing. Go on with your refreshment. However, I just heard that a guard suddenly died. Have you learned about this?

Not expecting Si Yan mentioning this, you are shocked for a second and feeling confused. Still you maintain your pretending calmness.

Xiu Ying: It seems the body just carried away is of that dead guard, but I know none of the details.

Si Yan: What a pity. That was a handsome guard, which remains me of the guard I saw yesterday... He looked handsome as well.

Xiu Ying: Oh, I didn't pay much attention.

Hearing your words, Si Yan doesn't stick with this issue and leaves soon. As you are watching her leaving, you can't help but feel that she is reminding you to treat her well, or she will expose all these secrets. How many things has she found out? Does she have any proof? Anyway, you must be careful when dealing with Si Yan in the future.