Chapter 152: Your Name

The sun has risen up high, and this normally quiet alley is now crowdy with a carriage, a sedan chair, and a dozen guards. Under the quiet facade is the imminent danger. Whoever pass by occasionally all quickly run away without making a noise. Prince Jin is still in his courtly robes, standing in front of you. When he ask, his eyes are not filled with the usual indifference, but obvious rage.

Xiu Ying: I didn't mean to deceive Your Highness, but I would have got myself killed long ago if I didn't do so.

Prince Jin: You deceived me and escaped from me. You collaborated with the Crown Prince to hurt me...

He walks toward you. As he gets closer, Shadow has blocked you with his body and drawn his long sword. At the same time, the prince's guards all have drawn their weapons. Prince Jin stops and gestures his guards to stay still.

Prince Jin: Afu, come back with me, and I can forgive you for anything.

Forgive you for anything? You don't believe him, but you wonder why he insists you to return to him. Does he not want you to keep advising Xiao Ze?

Xiu Ying: (No matter what he wants to do, I must calm him down first.)

Xiu Ying: [Hesitate] Your Highness, will you really forgive me?

Prince Jin: Yes. You have my word. Return to my mansion and I will forgive you for everything.

Xiu Ying: I was but a lowly handmaiden in the mansion. If I return, everyone will just bully me. How can I return there?

Prince Jin: If you come back, you will no longer be a handmaiden, but...

The footsteps of horses have interrupted Prince Jin's words. A carriage charges in swiftly, and whoever on board are all skilled warriors, who have broken through the guards' blockage and reached your side.

Wei Jie: Get in.

Prince Jin: Stop her!

Wei Jie: Your Highness, I won't let you take her.

Prince Jin: [Staring at you] Afu, come here. Don't force my hand.

He is asking the impossible. You quickly walk towards Wei Jie's carriage, but a figure has blocked your way and grabbed your wrist before you can get in. At the same time, Wei Jie reaches out and grabs your other wrist.

Wei Jie: [Calmly] Your Highness, let her go if you don't want to fight me for now.

Prince Jin: Wei Jie, I'm not letting you take her.

Both of your wrist are tightly grabbed as people from both sides are busy fighting each other. Right at this moment, a call comes from afar. "His Majesty has arrived!" Prince Jin may break up with Wei Jie, but he can't afford to do so with Xiao Ze. The crime of treason is too great a burden for him. In the end, he has no choice but to let you go.

Prince Jin: [Stubbornly hold your hand and look at you] What is your name?

You are stunned at his word, thinking that something is wrong with your ears. Meanwhile, Shadow is approaching Prince Jin with sword in hand, and the prince has no choice but to let go of your hand. You seize this opportunity to get into Wei Jie's carriage.

Prince Jin: [Smile in mockery] I don't even know your real name.

Thank godness Wei Jie and Xiao Ze made it in time, otherwise you would have been captured to Prince Jin's Mansion and fighting him alone. Xiao Ze knows Wei Jie. He becames very excited and even calls him "Mr. Wei Jie". Looks like he's in such a high position that Prince Jin and Xiao Ze have to show respect to him.

Xiu Ying: [Teasing] Mr. Wei Jie.

Wei Jie: [Shake head helplessly] You stayed by Prince Jin's side and now by Western Liang Emperor's. Are you trying to meddle in the mess of Western Liang?

Xiu Ying: [Silent for a while] I can leave as soon as things became stable in Western Liang.

Wei Jie: Without doubt, Prince Jin is going to rise in rebellion, but the little emperor is no match for him. When you're completely outnumbered, strategies won't help, understand?

Xiu Ying: That's true, if we just confront him. We must take him down step by step.

Wei Jie: Step by step? So how long are you going to stay here? 2 years? 3,5 or 10? It will take the little emperor a very long time to became as powerful as Prince Jin.

You stay silent and think to yourself. See that, Wei Jie seems disappointed and sighs.

Wei Jie: Even now you are still so stubborn, trying to rely on yourself. Why don't you turn to me?

Wei Jie turns his back to the light, lifts his hand to stroke your head. His face is as handsome as the one in the painting.

Wei Jie: I know some who can help. If you really want to take down Prince Jin, I can give you a hand.

Xiu Ying: Thanks, Wei Jie, but I'm afraid...

Wei Jie: You never made me worry, nor will I. Besides, I'm only introducing them to you. You gotta decide how to use them yourself.

Xiu Ying: [Nod] Wei Jie, I will do it well. Don't worry. But I wonder why Xiao Ze called you "Mr. Wei Jie"?

Wei Jie: Maybe it's because I read books, and happen to know stuff.

You can't help smiling. Suddenly you remember the second task you must carry out here and start to think.

Xiu Ying: Do you know the Western Liang Secret Weapon Book?

Wei Jie: You're already in the fight for the throne, and you even want to know about the weapon book? What are you trying to do? Can't you just tell me?

Xiu Ying: I'm just asking. Is it really that essential? Look at you, all frightened.

Wei Jie stares at you and soon looks helpless. He has to tell you everything he knows.

Wei Jie: Western Liang used to be small country with infertile lands. It invaded other countries to expand its territory. It won every war it fought because there was a resourceful strategist in Western Liang. He created all kinds of destructive weapons to help Western Liang gain victories. Later these weapons were recorded by a weapon book, which is owned by the Western Liang's royal family now.

MC: [Confused] Why don't they produce these weapons in quantities, since they are so powerful?)

Wei Jie: They say it's extremely hard to make these weapons, so they won't make them unless they have no choice.

Xiu Ying:  see. No wonder Prince Jin would like that book. It will help him with the rebellion and pacify the people.

Xiu Ying: So I guess this book is hidden now. Must be hard to find it, huh?

As you ask that question, you notice that Wei Jie is staring at you. You have to cough a bit and smile to get over the embarrassment.

Xiu Ying: Actually, I'm worrying Prince Jin may get the book.

Wei Jie: Only the little emperor knows where it is now, I guess.

You feel so troubled hearing that. The palace is huge and heavily guarded. It will be so hard to find the book, not to mention to steal it. Anyway, you have to complete the task step by step.