Chapter 18-

One Year Later- 

Ainsley sits in a large dining room, her posture straight  as she keeps her hands on her lap and her head up high staring out the window opposite her. The dining room table both brown in colour and large with many empty seats to be filled. She waits eagerly, the nerves inside her growing. After ten minutes passes she keeps her position, she finally hears foot prints entering the room. She keeps her position steady as the person walks close to her, she tries to hide  the shudder that rushed through her body as they got close. 

A hand gently brushes against her left shoulder and continues until her right. "You look lovely today". She keeps her voice silent. He takes a seat down at the head of the table on her right. He looks towards her and holds out his hand "I've the greatest of news for you today". 

Her eyes keep looking down at the table trying, most days 'good news' is far from it as a burning fire engulfs her like a permanent torture she can never escape from. "Well, aren't you going to ask what the news is?"  He starts becoming impatient as he receives no sign that she is interested in the game he wants to play. "Nero is getting released from jail today, I figured i'd let you go visit him." Ainsley's head is swiftly raised as she looks at him in shock, a day she never thought she'd see. "I've booked a meeting with you, off the books." She keeps her composure, her aim to not look too excited or too unpleased. Either could result in punishment. "Why are you just sitting there! We have a busy day ahead  go get ready." 

Ainsley raises herself from the table and he joins her, as she turns to leave the room he grabs the back of her neck and pulls her back until his lips touch her ear "Try pull anything funny today, and you will live to regret it."  Ainsley separates her lips "Of course not, Sir" He lets go off her neck and watches her walk away will a slight spring in her step. 

Across in Santa Monica, Nero walks through the church doors. Hate and anger fills up inside of him as he thinks of his grand-daughter. His thoughts fill his mind just as they have done for over the past year,  no word of where she is, of how she's doing....knowing if she is alive. Father Francis, walks out of his chambers his eyes catch me and he nods his head. "You're out i see, She's waiting for you." Nero nods his head and walks away from the church, the thoughts in his head of the officers "Any suspicious behaviour and we will arrest you and bring you back here." He knew he had to be careful, he had to find her. 

He returned to an empty home, most possessions destroyed by the police during the raid and those he deemed most valuable destroyed by what he presumed was his own daughter. He approaches the living room area to find Angela sitting there, as if she had been expecting him for hours. The room in darkness as if light was to be feared. 

"Ah, I should have expected to see your face around here. Where have you been off hiding then?" He questions her as he approaches a spare seat. 

"I couldn't possibly tell you, for all I know daddy dearest may rat my out yet" She responds to him with clear distrust. 

"Why would I do that before knowing where she is? That would be a foolish mistake on my part and I think you already know that. So I'm going to suggest you're here because you want to bargain with me. So what it Angela, what deal are you going to lay on the table?" Nero points out and rests his hands out in front of his stomach. 

"I've arranged for her to come see you. I may have been hiding in the dark all this time but it doesn't mean I lost my power and control. If anything they're all more frightened of me. Ha, I suppose I should have you to thank for that one" She puts forward part of her offer. 

"In exchange for what?" He questions her with a raised eyebrow. There was no way she was doing this for free. She has no kind place in her heart to think of doing this for generosity, she's playing a game. Laying her cards carefully, reeling him in like a fish and using Ainsley as the bait.