Prologue

Three years ago~

''Dear Sebastian,

The weather was lovely today. I went out and explored today with my parents , we had a lot of fun. We had a picnic afterwards. At the end of  the day, I ate a huge piece of chocolate cake that Tanaka made. How was your day?

Sincerely,Ciel.''

Another letter from Ciel; she is such a lovely person. I write to her around three times a week. Her parents are owners of an enormous company, the company sells toys for children under the age of six. Her parent's names are Vincent and Rachel Phantomhive, which she always talks about in her letters, along with her lively servants, Snake, Tanaka, Meyrin, Bard, and Finny. She also talks about her dog, Pluto, frequently. She lives in a beautiful town in England, as I've been told.

She has navy hair, is rather short, and is thirteen, as I've been told in previous letters. I haven't, nor has my father, seen a picture of her yet but, one day I am going to meet her. My mother has only met her mother so I didn't get a whole lot of details about her, only details regarding the decor in their manor. 

Her and I have some things in common, as in our age, music taste, and favorite author's.

We started to write letters because my mother thought it would be a good idea to get to know the Phantomhive's. My mother knows her mother, they both are married to well known company owners, it is only logical they would be acquainted. At first, I didn't like the idea but, it has been a great way to pass time.

As for me, I have raven black hair, that reaches down to my face. I'm guessing I am taller than Ciel because, I am 5'9, I am also thirteen years old. I live the United States, so we are fairly far away. I don't have many friends because of the location of the manor. My manor is in the middle of no where, I guess. I do have one friend, besides Ciel, his name is Claude. He comes over sometimes for meetings between our parents. Claude resembles me in some ways, besides the fact he wears glasses.

Ciel has a friend, she talked about him once. She said his name was Alois. She described him as a frantic, blonde, boy that wears flashier cloths than a drunk noble woman. She said one time Alois came over in violet shorts, that were almost all the way up his thighs. Once, I meet Ciel, I feel like I'd get a kick out of meeting Alois.

I should finish up my letter to her so one of my servants can mail it out before tonight.

''Dear Ciel,

Today was also a lovely day, where I am. I stayed in most of the day, reading novels and listening to my father's records. When we meet, I shall bring some with me. I am also glad you had a great day. I will be waiting for your next letter.

Sincerely, Sebastian.''

In between all the letters, I grew to love Ciel.

Authors note- Ciel is male in this story. Sebastian is just oblivious of his true gender. Later on in the book, Sebastian finds out Ciel's true gender.