Don't Check On Me

-

-

"Eric!" I squealed, running into my brother's arms.

"Hey Liz." He nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck. I memorized his scent, not having seen him since this past summer. Even then, he'd only cleared his schedule to stay home 3 weeks out of the three months we'd had off.

He'd been set to come visit with my parents, but after I'd broken up with Jeremy, and rediscovered Jason, I couldn't handle explaining myself to them.

Oh, and there was the small thing that I wasn't sure on whether or not to tell them I met my birth father...

So, just having E visit was definitely the safest choice.

I led him to my dorm room, slightly blocking him from all the prying eyes of women who were more than fascinated by the new guy on the floor.

I hadn't heard from Jason in about a week. I'd assumed he'd decided to actively do something with the information that I'd given him. What that was...I wasn't sure.

I mean, I had an idea...

Opening my door, I motioned for Eric to go ahead of me. I was more than happy to have him here, my smile extending my face. I'd finally had someone to level with. Eric knew me better than anyone, so he was my favorite person to gain advice from.

"So, this is where you live." He stated, gaze slowly traveling the entire length of the room.

"This is it. My roommate should be back in ten minutes, so you'll meet her soon."

"Fun. Christina, was it?"

I nodded, "That's her." I paused for a moment, "You know, she's single if you want me to—"

Eric held up a hand. "Liz," he begged.

I shrugged, setting myself on my bed. "Just trying to help. It's not like you to be single for so long."

Eric hadn't been with anyone in an official capacity since he'd broken up with Michie. I thought his recent 'girlfriend' had changed that, only to realize that she was just someone he was sleeping with. Eric hadn't been single this long since he'd first started dating at 15. He was always a major catch, still is.

He ran a hand through his dyed brown hair. I took a moment to admire how the light peeking through my windows hit his alluring blue eyes. I almost commented on how I missed his blonde hair, but decided that his look now made him look older than that teenage boy I'd grown up with, more mature.