All Too Well

-I groaned as I looked in the mirror at my outfit

-
I groaned as I looked in the mirror at my outfit. I couldn't believe that the only white shoes I owned were the ones that were dirtier than the dirt itself. I really liked my outfit though.

Rocking a pair of mom jeans and a tight white, square neck top, I made sure to stay warm by adding a cozy, fuzzy tan jacket.

I looked towards my clock and raised both of my eyebrows at the fact that it was already 12:45 and I had to meet with Jason at 1. Running into my closet, I pulled out my white, go-to Michael Kors bag that Jeremy had gotten me a while ago. Hesitating on whether or not to bring it, as it seemed slightly wrong to bring a hint of Jeremy to this, I shook it off as I was running out of time to debate this topic.

Running down the stairs of the dormitory, I waved at the many people who greeted me, hoping none would press further into a conversation.

I yanked my keys out of my bag and found my bike, sitting down while I placed my helmet on my head. I only ever used the one Jason had made for me, he sent it over once we had broken up. At first, I couldn't even look at, I couldn't even ride my bike. Everything related to that whole community made me want to cry, but soon I found the act of riding as my safe place.

Starting the ignition, I looked around before riding off onto the street towards the freeway.

It took me a less than twenty minutes to get to Lowell's. I was right on time, but for some reason I couldn't find it in myself to go inside. I knew that this was a big deal. I mean hell, it had been a while year so at this point anything could happen. He could have changed his mind from yesterday. He could have come to the conclusion that he does, in fact, hate me.

But I had to take that chance. No matter what happened, I needed this closure. I needed this closure or else I'd never be able to be happy in relationships. There would always be something that would be held over my head in regards to him. I'd always ask 'what if'? So while I wasn't physically ready to walk in there, I was more than emotionally ready for whatever was to come out of this.

Placing my helmet on the seat of my bike, I stared upwards towards the sky and took a breath in, walking towards my destination.

"Hello ma'am, how many?" I was greeted by a very nice-looking blonde. She couldn't have been much older than I was, yet she seemed far more mature than I just on appearance.

"Uhm, hi. I-I'm actually meeting someone. I don't know if they're here yet."

"I could check for you, if they were meeting someone then they should've left a name somewhere. What's the name?"

"Jason. Jason Morris?" I slightly looked over the divider. I was anxious to see if I was here first. Should I read into it if he was late? What about if he came here earlier than me? I looked at my watch. One-oh-eight. Okay so he wouldn't have been super early.

"Uh, ah yes! Here he is. I'll lead you to your table now." She smiled at me, grabbing a menu and leading me back towards the tables.

"If it isn't too much, can I ask how long he's been here?"