Bones

-"You literally ran away from him? C'mon honey, you're better than that

-
"You literally ran away from him? C'mon honey, you're better than that."

I slammed my head onto the blanket beneath us, missing my lunch by only an inch. I was currently confiding in Christina over the embarrassment that was my life at the moment. "In my defense, this was after I had already invited myself to look at the apartment with them, and almost got myself ran over by Jason's bike. I was already too far gone."

Christina tried to hide it, but it was fairly obvious she was muffling her laugh at my unfortunate circumstance. I didn't blame her; if I had just heard what I had just said, then I would've been pretty amused too.

"Am I trying too hard?" I asked, looking up from the table. She still had an amused look on her face, but shrugged. "You know him better than I do, love. Does it seem like he's receiving it well?"

For some reason her accent made me relax and I looked towards the sky. I didn't exactly know what Jason was feeling at my forwardness. I hoped that he didn't completely hate the idea of a woman knowing what she wants and going for it. He didn't when we first met, but then again, I also hadn't seen him in a year. Things could've changed.

"I don't know! I mean he was all like 'you don't know what you do to me Ellie'", I tried my best to mimic Jason's deep voice, but only ended up slightly insulting man-kind. "But he's such a freaking charmer, I have no idea if I'm getting to the core!"

She took that as her opportunity to laugh. We sat  outside on the campus lawn. After finishing our class, we grabbed some Starbs and took the break to catch up and sort our lives out.

Christina was currently having trouble convincing her parents to let her stay in Washington for Winter Break cause she didn't want to travel back due to her and her parents not having the best time being family at the moment.

She had finally decided to declare a major after a year of being undecided. Unfortunately, the one she went with wasn't one her parents agreed with.

"I mean, Marketing is a perfectly sane major. It's not completely out there!" She had said when we first arrived at our spot on the grass. I laid down the blanket and we rested.

"Then why don't they like it? Do you not know what you're going to do with it afterwards?"

"No, I got that down. Their problem is just the idea that I'm going down the creative route and not the scientific or political one. They would probably die if I said I wanted to be a singer."

We had discussed it for a while, with me telling her that she should go back and just have a conversation with her parents. From all the time I'd known her, which by all means wasn't that long, but she had never fought with her parents. Not like this anyway. In fact, they had seemed pretty close.

"Well, I think you have a bigger problem than just if Jason wants to be with you. You're kind of already spoken-for even if he did."

I groaned and slammed the back of my head onto the grass. I had completely forgotten about Jeremy, again.