Dinner Date

Six o' clock

I bounce my left leg rapidly. Melissa and Afsana were so excited to play dress up with me. They gave me a completely new look, styled my hair, and even applied some makeup to cover up the bruises on my face. I'm going in my wheelchair tonight. Melissa helped me set up my phone with the Sim card and everything. She installed a few apps for me and tried to get me to create a social media account. She decided it would be better if Dakota helped me out with the rest of it. I agree with her.

I adjust my dress. Melissa and Afsana decided it would be nice to put me in something warm. A black pleated plaid skirt with warm leggings underneath, and a cropped sweater over a white long sleeve. I like it. I have one shoe on and it's Melissa's. It's a boot.

"A car just pulled into the driveway!" She yells

"Lets go!" Says Afsana

They help me up off my bed, hand me a bag which Melissa let me borrow, my phone, and lead me down the stairs. They literally lift me off the ground by my underarms and go down the stairs as fast as they can. They sit me in my wheelchair and make sure my dress looks pretty. Afsana folds my blanket and places it on the back of my seat so it's easily accessible when it gets cold.

Melissa fixes my hair and takes a few pictures of me for her social media accounts. I shake my head and pull my hair out from behind my ears. There's a knock at the door just as Joanna walks by to ask if I'm ready.

"You look lovely, Faith." She says opening the door.

"Hi, You must be Joanna." Says Dakota's familiar voice.

"Yes, I am. Are you here to pick up Faith?" she asks

"Yes, I am. I'll have her home on time tonight." I hear Dakota say

Joanna opens the door and lets him in just as Melissa sprays a strong, but sweet smelling perfume on me. I cough as I've accidentally inhaled some of it. Dakota looks at me.

"Back in the chair tonight? That's good." He looks at Joanna "I don't wanna make her tired from all that walking around in crutches. She's still got stitches she needs to keep in tact." He says

"You know a lot about her! I like that about you. How long have you two known each other?" Joanna asks

I look at Dakota. He looks at me. We met the night Zak found me on the side of the road.

"I was there when she was found." He says softly

Joanna let's put a small gasp and covers her mouth.

"Well, you guys better get going! You don't wanna be late!" Melissa says loudly pushing my chair towards Dakota

"Melissa!" Joanna says

"She's right, we have reservations for dinner. I'll have her home by ten! Thank you, Joanna!" Dakota says taking my chair and pushing me out of the house.

There's a small ramp on the side of the stairs that help me get up and down as I please. Dakota helps me get into the car and places my wheel chair in the backseat. We drive off down the dirt road and into the paved street.

"It's so good to see you again. You have no idea how much I've missed you. Everyone's so boring now that your gone. Zak literally has not stopped to eat or sleep in the past two days. He's been doing so much paper work. I came out here to see Aaron for a while to get away from him." Dakota explains as he drives

I laugh at the thought of a tired and hungry Zak running around doing paperwork, all while trying to be an adult.

"So I made reservations at this nice restaurant in Downtown Seattle. I think you'll like it. They have small portions for you, just in case you aren't too hungry. Don't worry about finishing, eat until your full." Dakota says

I nod.

"How are you? You doing good?" Dakota asks me

"Yeah." I croak

"That's good. I'm glad to hear it. I'm excited for you to get all those stitches out." He says pulling into a parking lot.

He finds a parking spot and helps me out of the car. Dakota makes sure that I'm comfortable before leading me towards the restraunt.

Ten minutes later, we're seated at a booth in a private corner of the restaurant. Dakota has ordered drinks for us while we decide on what to eat. I settle on a small salad and a baked potato. Dakota settles on a steak.

"How are you liking Seattle?" He asks setting his menu on the edge of the table.

I shrug. It rains here more often than I'd like to admit. I can't put snow chains on my wheel chair either.

"You know for someone who was born and raised in Oregon, I'd think you'd be used to the cold by now." Dakota chuckles.

I roll my eyes. He can see right through me.

"I'm just teasing. I grew up in Minnesota. It's cold up there too." He says

I smile slyly at his statement.

"Don't look at me like that. I like where I live now."

He totally gets homesick.

Our waitress comes back to take our orders. I point to the salad I want with the side of corn. Dakota orders it for me and makes sure to get no olives or tomatoes on it. She writes down the order and leaves.

Dakota catches me up on everything I've missed in the past few weeks.

"Jay and Ashley are legally separated now. I'm not sure if you knew that. It's been a long time coming, they've been having problems for a while. Aaron met someone that he's just head over heels for. Billy..... well not much has happened to Billy but he's doing great." Dakota says

I smile

"And of course you already know about Zak and his paperwork. Other than that, I've just been helping him keep his house clean and hanging out. I needed this little vacation though. I didn't mean to surprise you in a Best Buy, but hey, who's judging?"

I laugh gently at his remark. I was shocked to see him in the store but I was happy. I wouldn't have had it any other way.