Hotel Horrors pt 2

*Zak*

The scream she lets out is loud enough to wake up the whole hotel floor. I almost don't believe that it came from someone so small. I immediately rush over to catch Faith before she hits her head on the floor. I cradle her limp body as I turn to Dakota.

"What happened to her?!" I shout at him.

"What do you mean?!" he shouts back.

"You were with her last, what did you do to her?!"

"I didn't do anything! She saw some guy at the vending machine and freaked out. I brought her straight back to the room, I swear!"

I'm fuming at the end of his seemingly lame, yet plausible excuse. I turn back to Faith. Her face is bright red. That's when I notice she's not breathing. Panicking, I start to shake her.

"She's not breathing, what do I do?" I shout

Jay rushes over and starts telling me how to hold her head and neck to keep her airways open. He starts by slapping her face, and not gently either.

"Hey! Be careful with her!" I yell

"I'm trying to help her!" Jay yells

He finally gets Faith to open her eyes and start breathing again. Worried, I lean over and look into her eyes. She's not looking at anything, her eyes are glazed over, moving from side to side.

"Faith?" I ask

Her eyes lock with mine. There's something wrong here. Her eyes fill with a hatred that can't be described. Her face softens and she starts crying. I hoist her up to a sitting position and hold her as she cries into my shoulder.

"Everyone out, we need some space." I say to the guys.

They all leave and Jay closes the door behind him.

"They're gone now. Are you going to be okay? Did you take your medication?" I ask

She hiccups and shakes her head. Her little hand pokes out under my arm and points to the floor beside us. The bottle of pills had rolled under the bed in her panic. I reach over and grab them, still holding her.

"C'mon, let's take them now. It'll help and we can get you ice cream after. How does that sound?"

Faith nods and I pull apart from the hug. She finds her water bottle while I open the medication bottle and shake one pill out onto my hand. She takes it and drinks her water. Her face is still red and she flinches at every noise the guys make outside the room.

"Are you feeling better?" I ask softly

She shakes her head and starts crying again. I bring her into a comforting hug. I just let her feel all her emotions until she seems to have run out of them. Still sniffling, she lifts her head and wipes her eyes.

"Feel better?" I ask

She takes a second to think, then shrugs. I decide to just let her sit in peace for a little while. I hear a small snore and when I look down, I notice she's asleep. I pick her up gently, set her on the bed, and tuck her in. I grab my phone off the floor to let the guys know that she's asleep and to keep it down. I sit down on the bed next to her, turn on the TV, lower the volume, and lean back into the headboard.

~~~~~ the next morning ~~~~~

*Faith*

I wake up to the television on, playing some random show. It's dark outside, meaning I've slept all day. I roll over and slowly make my way off the bed. My head spins as I sit up in the bed. I clutch my head in both my hands before stumbling to the door. It opens and I stumble right into Zak, who's trying to come in. He grabs me before I tip over.

"Easy there. I was just coming to check on you. Where you headed?" He asks

I just wave in the general direction of the bathroom.

"Bathroom? How are you feeling?" Zak asks me leading me down the hallway.

I spin my finger in the air to let him know I'm dizzy.

"Dizzy? That's no good. Let's get you back to bed after you use the bathroom." Zak says

He opens the bathroom door for me and lets me do the rest by myself. I make sure the door is locked before I sit down and do my business. I get up slowly when I'm done, careful not to make myself dizzy again while washing my hands. There's a knock at the door as I'm drying my hands on the towel.

"Hey, It's me kiddo." Says Zak opening the door a little.

I turn to look at him, while trying to hold myself up in the process. He comes in and scoops me up, taking me out to the hall.

"Right back to bed with you. I want to make sure you get enough rest before we leave tomorrow. I don't want to hear a peep! Bed rest and TV." He says tucking me into the bed.

It's not like I can complain about being in bed. He shows me how to use the remote, turning on a random cartoon. It's called 'Adventure Time' and it's pretty funny. I'm lost in the show before Zak can even leave the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~

When I wake up again, the sun is just coming up. There's soft chatter coming from outside my bedroom. I manage to sit up gently. All my injuries are feeling sore. My ears are ringing and my head hurts. The one side affect of my anxiety medication is waking up with a headache after taking them.

Propping myself up into a sitting position, fumbling for my phone. I text Zak letting him know I'm awake.

'sending dakota over to bring you out, im with the other guys packing'

'ok.'

A few seconds later, Dakota is knocking gently on my door. He comes in and whispers a good morning, picks me up, and heads out to the living room.

"I'll be your personal news caster this wonderful morning. The time is approximately 6:30AM in San Francisco, California. There's cloud covering the skies today leaving it grey and overcast. The temperature is a chilly 56 degrees, so make sure to bundle up. We have a very special Flight heading out to a super secret location, leaving at exactly 7:30AM from the San Fran Airport. We have almost everything packed up and ready to go, we're just waiting on Zak to finish packing his shoes." Dakota says placing me on the couch.

I smile a little bit at his joking tone. He heads to the kitchen and comes back with my toothbrush and a cup of water.

"Before we start our day, we need to brush our stinky teeth! Toothpaste included." He says with a wink

I take both from him and start brushing my teeth from my spot on the couch. Dakota heads off to finish packing in the kitchen. I notice that he's taking all the hotel soaps. ALL the hotel soap. Where the hell did he get all that soap?

I rinse my mouth out in the cup and place my toothbrush in said cup.

"Now that those stinky teeth are all clean, lets double check that we have everything in our suitcases. We don't want to forget anything at the hotel." He says still keeping up the announcer act.

I text him to stop with the act and just be normal Dakota, to which he responds with turning into a western announcer. I roll my eyes and let out a wheezing laugh. My vocal chords are still a little bruised, hence the wheezing. I still can't really talk either. Dakota double checks that I have everything in my (mostly empty) suitcase. I give him a thumbs up.

"Awesome! Let's watch TV until we get the text that it's time to leave." Dakota says flopping on the couch next to me.