Chapter 14: Y/N's POV

It was about 5 AM. All last night, I could barely sleep. It wasn't the first time Karma kissed me but this time... it felt different. He took it really far. I traced my lips with my finger. I sighed.

The wedding was tomorrow and I was nowhere near ready. I haven't even chosen a dress yet. I looked at my schedule for today. Wow. I'm free the whole day today. I guess, I'll go choose a dress with my mom today. I sat up from the bed and wore on my fuzzy slippers. As I was walking to the bathroom, I felt a tug on my arm. I looked back to see that it was Karma.

"Y/N? You're already awake?" he said in a deep voice. He used his free hand to push himself into a sitting position.

"Yeah I am. I still have a lot of stuff to do before the wedding tomorrow."

"Oh okay." He yawned and rubbed his eyes.

The sun's rays were shining into the room so brightly. As Karma opened his eyes, the sun's rays made his red-goldish eyes shine. It looked like a pretty sunset.

"What are you looking at?" Karma asked as he looked behind him, trying to figure out what I was looking at.

I turned away. "It was nothing," I said out of embarrassment. There was a moment of silence before I said, "I'm going to do my stuff now." I walked to the bathroom and slammed the door behind me.

Ah- that was embarrassing. Have I really been staring at Karma's eyes?

I pushed my thoughts away. It was the first time I've focused on Karma's eyes. When we were younger, Karma would always brag about his eyes. Though back then, his eyes had more of a sparkle. Now, his eyes are dull but he still has a sparkle in it.

I quickly brushed my teeth and took a quick shower. I went to my closet and started to dig up some of the clothes I've never worn before. It took awhile but after 5 minutes, I found a plaid dress. It was black-ish blue and it over my knees. I decided to pair it with white, long sleeve shirt on the inside and some flats. Not only was it pretty, but it was also super comfy. I went to my make-up station and applied a bit of make-up to cover my acne and bags. I also braid my hair and turned it into a low bun. Perfect!

As I walked out of the bathroom, I saw Karma laying down on the bed. Great, he's sleeping again. I leaned down to give him a kiss of the cheek before I left the room.

As I walked out of the room, I heard Aoi and Kazuko's voice from the hallway. I decided to sneak up on them, to see what they were up to.

"...together and crash the party." It was Kazuko's voice. What did they mean by crashing the party?

"It sounds like a lot of fun. But they'll be so mad. They might even-" Aoi said before she was interrupted.

"Don't worry. We are Karma's favorite cousins. He would mind. Even if he was mad, there's nothing he could do."

"Right.. It sounds like a deal then. LET'S DO IT!" They both burst out laughing.

Do what? Now my head is swarming with questions. I'll just confront them and see if I can figure what they were talking about.

"Good morning guys!" I said as I walked out of my hiding place. "What are you guys laughing about this early in the morning? It's 5:30 in the morning. Fill me in, I wanna know too." They both stopped laughing. They were just staring at me.

"Good morning, Y/N," Kazuko said as he put his hands in his front pockets, trying to act natural.

"Good morning!" Aoi gave Kazuko a 'what-should-I-say' expression but Kazuko was looking away from her. "We were... just talking about... how we should greet our parents when they get here today. They're also coming for your wedding too."

"Oh, that's cool," I said. Of course, I knew it wasn't true but I didn't want to question them further.

"Where's Karma?" Kazuko asked. He looked behind to see if Karma was hiding.

"He's still sleeping in his room. You can go wake him up if you want." Kazuko nodded and ran to your room.

"So, you're going to pick out a dress today right?" Aoi asked as she lightly punched your arm.

"Wha- how did you know?"

"Oh- I just guessed. You haven't gone anywhere ever since you got here a few days ago. But- can I go with you? I'll help you pick out a dress." She kept on begging me to let her go with me but I always rejected her. "I know what Karma's type is~ I can help you pick out a dress that will leave Karma speechless the whole time you guys are together~"

I turned around and blushed profusely. Yes, I did want to look good for Karma, but I'm not sure if Aoi is lying or not about knowing Karma's type in clothing.

"Fine, you can go." I just decided to let Aoi go with me. It would be fun to have company with me.

"Yay! Thanks Y/N." She hugged me and then ran towards the library. "I'm gonna check-out a book real quick. Call me when you're going to pick a dress!"

---

I knocked on the door to my parent's room.

"Come in," a voice said. It was my mom's voice. I slowly opened the door and peeked inside. My mom was doing her hair. I walked in and quietly closed the door.

"Good morning, Mom!" I said cheerfully.

"Good morning, Hun. What brings you here?" She was wearing white vintage dress along with some heels.

"Mom, the wedding is tomorrow and I haven't picked out a dress yet. I was thinking we could go pick a dress today." I smiled and stood up from where I was sitting. "Here, I'll do your hair for you. A low bun right?"

She nodded and added, "Oh, I forgot to let you pick your dress." As she was talking, I finished tying her hair into a low bun and adding accessories pins. "I've gotten you some dresses already. All you need to do is pick which dress you want. I'm very sorry for telling you this so late, hun."

"It's alright, mom." I finished fluffing her bun to make it bigger, making it look like she had a lot of hair. "I'm all done!"

"Nicely done. Thanks Y/N." She stood up and draped her long black coat over her shoulders. "Follow me. I'll show you to the dress room, the room I kept all the dresses I've chosen for you." I stood up and followed mom out of the room "Also, Y/N, bring Aoi with us."

"Okay. I'll call her now," I said. Even my mom wanted to bring Aoi with us.