43

"What's wrong beautiful?" I frowned at my crying mate. Tate's eyes were red and her skin was red and blotchy from crying. I pulled her to my chest and kissed the top of her head while rubbing her back.

"Tell me." I told her softly. "What's made you cry?"

"S-sit down." Tate sobbed. I nodded and sat down at the kitchen table. "I-I'm sorry, I-I d-didn't know."

"Calm down beautiful. What is it?" I frowned a little.

"I don't want you to leave me. Please don't leave me." She cried.

"Tate I'm not going anywhere. You're scaring me a little, baby tell me what happened." I told her reassuring her I wouldn't leave. I couldn't, I wouldn't leave her.

"I went to the pack doctor today." Tate sniffled. "They told me why I've been sick."

"What? Are you sick?" I asked.

"No." She shook her head. "They said I'm pregnant." She whispered and placed an envelope in front of me. I could see her hands shaking as I picked up the envelope and looked inside. I pulled out pictures, ultrasound pictures with a small blob in the middle.

A sigh came from my mouth and I rubbed my face with my hand. I reached out to her and wrapped my arm around her waist. I pulled her to me and put my face to her belly. Tate cried making me pull her down on to my lap where she cried into the crook of my neck.

"It's ok." I whispered to her and kissed her head.

"I'm sorry. I know you don't want a pup, I'm sorry." Tate sniffled.

"It's alright. It happened, we're going to be the best parents as we can. It's ok." I told her and put my nose to her hair.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled again.

"It happened, all we can do now is try our best. We can do this together." I said and laid my head on top of hers. "Maybe now we really will have a Mika Emery smith."

"Maybe." Tate smiled through her tears as she turned her head to look at me. I captured her lips with mine in a soft kiss just telling her how much I love her with that kiss.

"When's the next scan?" I asked.

"Dr Lee said it will be when I'm twelve weeks. I'm three at the moment." Tate replied.

"Ok." I nodded and kissed her forehead. "Tell me what day so I can take it off."

"Alright. We won't know the gender until then since it would only be a month until the due date." She whispered.

"Damn, we'll have a pup in four months." I breathed out.

"I know." Tate laughed a little. "I bet it'll take forever though and we'll have to wait to meet the pup."

"I bet it'll fly by and we'll have our pup in no time." I chuckled placing my hand on her belly. "I want a little girl."

"I don't think we will." She sighed. "We know all alpha families have boys first to take over the pack. I don't think we'll have a girl."

"I know. But it doesn't stop me from wanting a little girl." I smiled. "And if a boy is inevitable, what name?"

"I'm not sure. My dads name was Antony and I want your name in there as well. So maybe Antony Theodore smith?"

"I love both names. Mika or Antony. I love them." I smiled at my mate.

"I'm still sorry. I know you didn't want pups." Tate mumbled.

"It was bound to happen sooner or later, wasn't it? It's ok, we just have to try and be the best parents in the world."

"Yeah." She whispered.

"What do you want for dinner? I'll make it." I asked her.

"You don't have to cook." She giggled. "I can do it."

"Nope." I shook my head. "You need to be careful because it's not only you. I'll make it tonight."

"What about every other night?"

"I'll be cooking." I told her. I stood up and sat her on the chair and started cooking.

I decided on spaghetti bolognese since it's Tate's favourite meal, other than corndogs. If she could live on them things she would.

After we ate, Tate and I went up to our room to the bathroom. I ran a bath with bubbles in it knowing Tate likes it so we always bath together or shower. Once the tub was full, I got in then waited for Tate to get in. She sat down between my legs with her back to my chest.

I leaned forward a little and kissed her shoulder to her neck, I nibbled on the skin a little before taking her ear lobe between my teeth.

"I love you." I whispered to her as I kissed her mark.

"I love you to." Tate said breathily. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her placing my hands on her belly.

"So this is happening? We're having a pup." I stated.

"Yeah." Tate whispered.

"One step at a time." I said. "We'll be fine."

"Yeah." She nodded and looked up at me. I kissed her softly not wanting this moment to end.

In the morning, Tate and I went to the family house to tell them all the news. Last night Ryan had come over so we spoke in the living room.

After mine and Tate's bath, we got into bed. She cuddled up to me like she always did, her bare chest against my side as we laid in bed naked.

Tate was long asleep while I watched tv holding my mate and a hand on her belly. At around 11:00pm, a knock came at the door. I got up carefully so I wouldn't wake Tate and went downstairs. Before I opened the door, I grabbed shorts from the kitchen and put them on.

I opened the door to a distressed, crying Ryan. His face was red and stained with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"What happened?" I pulled him to my chest. I could tell he had just been on a run due to his nakedness but it was normal for wolves to see each other naked a lot of the time.

"E-Eli r-rejected me." My little brother sobbed. My heart broke for Ryan, with the family bond I could feel how broken he was.

I pulled him into the house and have him shorts and a blanket to cover up with. We sat on the sofa where I hugged him as he cried into my chest.

"What happened?" I asked again.

"I was in my room and Eli came in. He said he couldn't do it, and he rejected me." Ryan sobbed. I hugged him tighter to give him as much comfort as I could.

"What time did Ryan show up last night?" Tate asked me.

"Around eleven." I sighed. "Eli rejected him." I whispered before we entered the house to my family.

Mama was running around like a headless chicken. "Mama?" I frowned a little.

"Oh goddess, have you seen Ryan? Eli said he went out last night and he hasn't come back." He asked worriedly.

"He's at my house. Something came up so he came to me. He's alright." I told him which calmed him.

"Thank goddess. What's with the surprise visit anyway? I'm glad you're here actually, Xander and Thomas made something for you." Mama gasped excitedly.

I chuckled and sat down with Tate.