Newborn

A hand knocked on the pole, timid and so brief it was almost unnoticed. Geno growled, nodding to the god of death to see what it was.
A few moments later, Reaper returned.
"Geno.."

"What?"
"They're preparing to move out and are asking for you. I can cancel it for you-"
"No. I have to go. Especially now." He leaned over to the silent and hissy Error. "Will you be okay?"
"I've b€eñ thrøügh wo®se." He hissed, voice glitching erratically.
"Never like this." Geno advised calmly, ignoring the flickering black clouds rising up from the other and snapping back in place at random.

"W€'ll 8e £iπe. Gø." He ducked his skull away with a very odd catlike hiss, pushing himself to the far end of the bed. Geno looked up at Reaper severely.
"You need to stay here, make sure he's okay."

Reaper immediately balked. "What do you mean, me? Geno, I'm- this is not my job. This is the exact opposite of my job."
"Then it'll be a good change for you."

The death made to argue, but was at a loss for words as the bloody glitch swept out of the dark tent, following the confused messenger boy. Reaper glanced back at Error, who was curled up with one eyesocket visible, staring at him like a wild animal.

"...Do I need to get Tori?" He whispered hoarsely, not wanting to admit his slight fear. Error shook his skull in two jerks, grunting as his glitches flickered more erratically around him, covering the bed.
They both stared at each other, not knowing what to do or say.

"...Look." Reaper drifted down until his feet met the ground, a faint patch of dying grass turning black with the contact. He regarded Error as seriously as possible.
"Both of us are not made for a situation like this." He gestured vaguely at the other.
"Creation, life, et cetera. Hell, I probably have more experience because…" He hesitated.

Error growled, phalanges curling tight around his blankets before he responded slowly, enunciating every word carefully so as not to sound incomprehensible with glitches.
"Isn't it. Human. Mothers. That often die. Giving birth."

"Yeah." Reaper quietly admitted, slumping a little. "Humans aren't as highly evolved as they like to think they are." He added with a half-hearted snort. Error nodded slowly against the mattress, kneading the sheets like a cat.

"Are you sure you're more arachnid? Cause I swear, you're acting feline." Reaper joked lightly, finding a seat in a nearby beanbag despite his tension.

Error slowly let his sockets slide shut, taking a deep breath full of errant glitches as the codes lifted away from him once again. He seemed to be collecting his thoughts- though he flinched slightly at a crack that came from him.

Just as it seemed like he'd forgotten about Reaper, he opened his sockets and stared at him again.
"I was originally.. Geno, before he existed. I.. started.. with a shard like his.. too. I don't know exactly.. how I developed an entire.. Soul.. in the Anti-Void, but… it's entirely possible it came from parts of.. other lost and shredded Souls." He paused to breathe for a moment, still kneading the blankets.
"I've had a long time to think about it." He breathed, not even looking up at this point.

"So.. you got turned into a hybrid? That shouldn't be possible…" Reaper muttered while thinking.
Error spoke up again in a sudden burst of energy, somewhat vehemently.
"I was Fate's toy, she could do whatever she needed to ensure I survived. Even if.. she took apart forgotten Souls for it."

Now the god of death looked on at destruction with wide sockets, concerned and confused. Error just groaned, shoving himself further back to the point of almost falling off the back of the bed.

Reaper noticed this and stood, worry overriding puzzlement as he reached over slightly. He only held back due to his typical aversion of touch- a sentiment they both shared, though for different reasons.