Chapter 59

Chapter 59 - John Jones!?
_______________________________________

Midas left four hours ago in his suit, keeping his helmet attached to his side belt. He looked around for places where he felt that was right to what he was looking for.

"Why am I even doing this?" He stopped moving as he looked at the dirt and grass, before hearing russling  in the bushes. A woman who looked like a viking with powers came out. "Who are you!?" He growled.

"My name is Mave. I am currently guarding Hunter's Haven, which is he, for any intruders and I am afraid you are one of them. Therefore, you'll have to fight me or die trying." Mave seemed strong and brave. Her heart full of courage. Midas liked such bravery and courage.

"Hmm, you can try, Mave. However, you have no idea who you are going up against?" Midas smirked and clutched his fists into a fighting formation.

"Oh shut up, Goldie. Just because your some man with growing gray hair, and a suit doesn't make you special!" She ran over to him and hit him on his armour with her Beastfang pickaxes. He didn't feel it, as he kicked them out her hands and punched her to the floor. "Hmm, not bad, old man." She chuckled as a red-ish pink aura appeared around her and her hair turned into snakes, like Madusa's hair. "Try and prevent this.

"Hmm? Snakes for hair? What are they gonna do? Bite me?" Midas got cocky as when he moved, his body froze in place. "What!?" He groaned before trying to move. "What is happening?"

"Don't you know Madusa's curse? Who every looks turns into stone. I have that power." She smirked as he gulped and sweated.

"That's enough, Mave!" A man yelled who was in a tidy suit and had blond, short hair. "Leave him alone." He ordered as Mave turned her hair back to normal and Midas fell into one knee. "Well, well, well, what do we have here?"

"W-Who are you?"

"My name is John Jones, and I know everything about you, and you will be a part of this team whether you like it or not." He smirked and circled Midas, pressing a device against his back as he screamed in pain and passed out. "Good. Mave take his helmet into the testing room, and I'll get some guards to escort him to his new bedroom... for now."

"Whatever you say, John Jones."

---

Midas gasped and sat up in a place that was not familiar.

"Ugh, where am I?" He looked at his hands and hummed. "I don't remember this armour...." His voice was no more than a whisper which no one could hear at all, even they were like right against his face. The same man entered from earlier's event, but Midas didn't remember a thing. He barely remembered himself.

"Seems you're awake. That's good." He chuckled and walked over to him. He looked up at the man and tilted his head to the side and tried to speak, but couldn't yet. "Hello? Can you here me?"

"Hmm!" He gulped and shivered, nodding a yes.

"Aah, I see. Hang on." He walked over to the table and picked up a needle with blue liquid inside and injected it into Midas' pale skin. "Better?"

"Yes, sir." Midas spoke.

"Do you know where you came from?"

"No, sir." This made John Jones smile evilly.

"Good. Good. Let's see. Your name is Midas, ok? You work for me and must do everything I say, understand?"

"Yes, sir." Midas stood up as he was handed a helmet. He looked at it and looked at his boss who nodded, which meant for him to put it on his head. He did it and felt really, really strong. "What shall I do, sir?" Midas knelt down, head down and arm on his knee.