Chapter 34

Chapter 34 - Midas' Father is Alive!
_______________________________________

Jules was sitting on the wall of The Agency, looking down at the water below her. She knew that working for Shadow was a terrible idea, but she needed to earn money and she wanted a place to call home again. Doggo and Rox were watching as they sighed and walked over to the black haired woman.

"Jules? Is everything okay?" Rox asked taking a seat next to her. They looked at each other for a brief moment before she answered back.

"Yes. Everything is fine. It is just I know something that my brother doesn't." She looked straight ahead as Rox seemed awfully confused with her sentence.

"What's that? Can I know please?" The slightly younger questioned politely.

"Don't you dare tell Midas!" She warned harshly and quickly calmed herself down. "Our father is alive. He left mother when Midas was born because he didn't want to raise a 'disabled' child." Jules sighed as Rox was still confused. What did Jules mean by disabled?

"What do you mean by disabled?" Rox asked as Doggo was now interesed in the story as his tail wagged slowly.

"When Midas was born, he had the Golden Touch and thought that he would suffer with breathing problems as he grows, but obviously he didn't." Jules explained as the sun began rise more into the beautiful sky.

"So Midas could've died at birth?" Doggo now spoke.

"Yes, but he made it through." Jules smiled happily.

Rox and Doggo smiled with her as they all watched the water below them, together.

---

(Y/N) and Midas were in their room watching their kids play with some action figures that were suitable for their age group. They were sitting on the bed cuddled up next to each other.

"Midas?" (Y/N) asked calmly as Midas hummed in response. "How does it feel to have the week off working?"

"It feels great, but not normal. I am used to working every day for hours, but I have to make of the time that I have off." Midas sighed deeply and placed his hand on her thigh carefully. This made her flinch because she can feel the coldness through her nightwear bottoms. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. Your hand is just cold." She stated as Midas chuckled slightly.

"A disadvantage of having golden hands then."

"Has your hands always been gold, or have you seem the skin on your hand before?" He looked at her with a straight, yet sad look.

"They have always been golden. I was born with it and I thought at one time it was caramel, so I tried washing it off, but my mother told me it was gold."

"Your mother..." She whispered as she sighed, now upset. "I miss my mother." She began to cry silently as the mastermind pulled her in closely for a hug. She accepted.

"I miss my mother too." He huffed and layed his chin on top of (Y/N)'s head.

"Roar! I am monster! I will eat you up!" Marigold yelled with her Dinosaur figure and Peter and Hansley playfully screamed.

"They are wonderful children." Midas smiled down at them as (Y/N) easily agreed with no problems.

"What more could you possibly ask for?" Midas shrugged in return.

---

Dire was at Weeping Woods trying to catch some prey. He was told that he had to learn to eat meat that The Agency contained, but he couldn't contain himself with packeted up food. He needed fresh, wild meat. He saw a hare munching down on some grass as he licked his lips and growled lowly as the hare looked up with poked up, long ears.