Chapter 9

Chapter 9 - This Isn't What He Wanted!

_______________________________________

"Everyone take cover now!"

"Boss man... There is too many of them. I can't breathe with all this smoke."

"Meow! I... meow! Can't speak! Meow!"

"This is an exploding situation but this is a complete disaster! I can't work my way through it!"

"Where is my love!? (Y/N)! Answer me!"

"Everything is too dark boss man! This is it!"

Everything has been... destroyed with limp bodies all over...

---

"Aah!" Midas screamed quickly sitting up in his bed sweating and panting in fear. His shirt was soaked in his sweat, so he took it off to let the cold air hit his chest. This caused (Y/N) to wake up with shock.

"Honey? Is everything okay?" She asked moving closer to him as he grabbed her tightly pulling her into a warm, long hug. Her shoulder began to feel... wet. Wait a minute... is he... crying?

She moved away slightly to see his face covered with tears and his eyes have gone red from doing so. (Y/N) grabbed a tissue and began to slowly wipe away the tears that were half way down his face, and used her hand to get rid of the ones by his eyes avoiding his scar. He was still crying.

"I... I haven't cried... in years." Midas sniffed and looked away not wanting (Y/N) to see him like this anymore. She held his cheek gently and gave him a small kiss as his golden eye met her shining (E/C) eye. His golden eye looked weak and defenseless since his eyes wasn't fully open and it was red all around the sclera. "I had a... nightmare where you died... everyone did. I never felt this scared since I was just a boy." Midas shivered slightly as (Y/N) started stroking through his hair very gently as he closed his eyes enjoying the feeling.

Soon after, the man drifted off into a comfortable and deep sleep. (Y/N) smiled at this layed back down keeping Midas close to her and covered them both with the quilt to maintain the warmth around them.

"Goodnight, babe." She smiled slightly and closed her eyes as (Y/N) has now fell asleep too.

---

It was a bright, sunny morning as Henchmen came into work for the day. It was approximately 7:00am and all but one agents were asleep. Midas was awake and well. The mastermind woke up at 6:00am so he can begin his duties as the agents finest and their boss/leader. 

He was in his office searching through boxes that Agent Peely and TnTina brought back into The Agency. They were of course boxes full of guns. He found some very good high tier weapons as he nodded and put them in seperate storing rooms so allies don't have to go very far away to get equipped.

He then started scanning inside of Ammo Boxes that were also brought back to The Agency. There was soo much ammo for all types of guns as he smiled slightly. His curiosity wasn't intense, but he was happy enough with how they collected which he was anonymous about.

---

"M-Midas?" (Y/N) asked tiredly and weakly while opening the door slightly. "You here?" He stood up as she opened the door and saw him.

"My love... You're still not allowed to move around by yourself yet." He hugged her gently as she snuggled into his chest feeling the warmth of his body against her's. Suddenly, he picked her up bridal style and carried her back to her own room.

"But I... Don't want to stay in bed all day." She sighed sadly as he looked away still headed towards her room.

"I'm sorry my love, but your wound has to heal." He opened her room and layed her down on her soft, comfy bed. He kissed her forehead and turned to the door, but was grabbed gently on his golden wrist.

"Don't leave me." She looked down upset because she didn't want to be in her room all day, alone.

"I have to I am afriad darling, but you have stuff to do and I'll be in with yoir breakfast shortly." He smiled slightly as he gave back a sad smile. "Oh come on love. Let go of me." She let go of his wrist and looked away towards the window.

"Go then." She whispered, but loud enough for the golden man to hear. He then sighed sadly then walked out of the room, closing the door gently behind him.

As soon as that happened, (Y/N) bursted out into tears.

---

Skye was walking to the entrance of The Agency to get some fresh air, but on the way she heard crying somewhere nearby. She noticed after a few seconds on where it was coming from. There was a knock on the door as (Y/N) yelled 'come in' with a shakey voice.

"(Y/N)? Is everything okay?" Skye looked at her friend who was still crying her living days out.

"No, I snapped at Midas! I told him to get out when he wouldn't stay with me! Now... I am afriad that he hates me." She continued to cry and Skye gently hugged (Y/N) for at least a minute.

"I see. Well, are you sorry?"

"Of course I am! Midas is my life!"

"Ok. I will go have a chat to him to see if he'll take the day off to stay with you." Skye smiled and the same aged girl smiled with some joy and sadness still.

"Thank you soo much, Skye." (Y/N) smiled brightly watching Skye leave the room.

---

Midas wasn't in the mood to continue searching through the Ammo Boxes or check in the new Henchmen that were hired yesterday. He groaned and put the remaining three Ammo Boxes under his desk for further searches.

There was then a knock on his office door.

"Come in." He spoke out while looking through the unusual looking window. It was Skye.

"Hey boss man! I came to talk to you about something really important!" She closed the door behind her and walked slightly closer to him, but not too close.

"What is it, Agent Skye?" Midas now looked at her very concerned.

"It's about (Y/N). She is all by herself in there, and she has no company to keep her happy. She wants you. I know you're The Agency's best and boss, but you should take the day off to look after the one you truely love the most." Skye spoke keeping her distance from him as he turned around.

"Hmm... I suppose so, but who will do all my work then for today?" Midas looked at her confused.

"Use the computer in (Y/N)'s room." Skye smiled and walked out heading to the break room where she would see hee best friend, Meowscles.

---

"Guess it didn't work." (Y/N) sighed and curled up small with the quilt protecting her innocent body.

Midas knocked on the door and quietly opened it to see his love curled up on the bed with her eyes closed tightly.

"My love? Is everything okay?" He closed the door behind him and walked over to her comfy bed.

"Midas? Why are you here?" (Y/N) asked opening her eyes and sat up straight looking into his golden and non-coloured eyes.

"I decided to come stay with you for the day, but could I borrow your computer to do my work?" He asked sitting down on the edge of the bed looking at her beautiful eyes.

"Uhm... sure, I guess." She nodded and checked her new phone to check the time. It was 10:53am. She sighed in boredom and checked any new messages, but she got nothing.

"So then dear? What shall we do?"