Chapter 27: Red Lingerie

The next morning, I woke up sore from practicing all night with Toni for the dance tonight. My nerves were sky rocketing. I was scared at what the rest of the Serpents are gonna think of me, most importantly what Sweet Pea is gonna think. I was hoping that he'd enjoy it, but sometimes, Pea is a total wild card of emotions.

My mother barged into my sister's and I's room, telling us that we need a family breakfast to talk about important events coming up for her election campaign. As I was groggy at the table, I engulfed the pancakes that laid on my plate.

"I out the odds of Fred saying yes at about 50-50," my father announced as he folded a napkin.

My mom picked a strawberry on her plate, "As always, mija, anything you can whisper in Archie's ear?"

Of course, my parents would take advantage of Veronica's relationship with Archie for this election. They would do anything to win things, even at the cost of others. It just mattered to them that the Lodge clan was at the top in the end.

Veronica glared at our parents. "Mom, he's my boyfriend, not a constituent."

"Ah," dad brought her attention to him, "you influence Archie and Archie influences Fred, and we need Fred right now."

"When we announce our bigger plans-," my eyes shut up to my mom. Naturally, they'd keep their plans away from me, knowing that I would never be okay with what they do behind closed doors.

My father continued for my mom, "It'd sound better coming out of his well-respected, well-liked mouth."

Ronnie grabbed her orange juice, "Fine. I'll do my best."

I scoffed at her comment, and finished my last piece of food on my plate. I left the table and grabbed my backpack from the couch, leaving without a glance back at my family. All of them were power hungry, and if Ronnie continues to help my father with his plans, she's gonna go down the same road as them.

I refuse to be my father's puppet.
- - -

When I arrived at school, I went straight to my locker, but to my surprise my handsome boyfriend was already waiting for me there. "Good morning babe," he wrapped an arm around my waist as I opened the locker door and kissed my temple. "How are you feeling about tonight? You can still back out if you have any doubts," he said as he raised his arm to lean on the locker.

"Babe, I've told you numerous times before. I want to do this. Being in a gang before gave me this sense of family that I needed. Knowing that you are apart of the Serpent family just makes me want to be apart of it even more. I want to prove to you that I'm serious about this relationship," I turned to him as I close my locker.

I grabbed his hand as we walked through the crowded hallways. "I..I guess I just don't really like the idea of other guys seeing you more than half naked," Pea's cheeks turned a light pink.

"Aw is someone jealous," I sneered at him playfully.

He smirked before leaning down and kissing my lips, "More like possessive."

I bit my lip as I stared into his eyes, "Hm. I like it," I whispered to him and walked away. Pea was left frozen, before regaining his composure and jogging back up to me, snacking his arm around my waist.

"AH! Andy," I peered ahead in the hallway to see Toni running up to us.

"Are you excited for tonight? I know I am and even he is," she pointed at Pea while raising her brow.

I laughed at her, "Well I'm a bit nervous, but overall happy that I'm doing this. I should've joined the second I heard of a gang being here."

* SCHOOL BELL *