Prologue (His Bitter Past) - 8. Fated Night

1. Prologue (His Past) - 8. Fated Night

Rose helped him open the door to his room as she supported his body.

As they entered, she swept her gaze into that room in confusion. It was not only this room location that was near the barrack, but the size of his room was not big even compared to the guest room where she stayed right now. The walls were ivory yellow, the floor was covered with dull carpet, the only one that gave the elegance impression was a crystal chandelier hanging in the middle of the room. There wasn't much furniture there. To the right, a big bed with a simple wardrobe beside it. In the middle, a long sofa paired with a simple coffee table. To the left, a desk with a chair and two glass cabinets filled with books. His room looked too simple for a prince like him.

She leaned him on the sofa.
"I will ask the guard to call a doctor." Even though she had medicinal abilities, she still needed medicine to treat his wound.

'I can't let anyone know about this. They might think I want to cheat for tomorrow's hunting competition, 'thought Angel. He knew tomorrow's competition was an important competition to determine who was the most suitable to be the crown prince as was the rule in all kingdoms on the Andromeda Continent, only the strongest in the family had the right to become king. That's why Asteria determined it with this competition. And of course, he shouldn't know this competition's purpose, but he knew it since his father had told him about it when he was a kid.

As Rose nearly left, he quickly caught her hand, preventing her to leave.
"Don't ... Do you know the punishment for breaking into the hunting ground? Fifty lashes, no matter who you are." He couldn't say it bluntly about the competition.

"Are they still going to punish you though you are in this condition?" she said in disbelief. He was a prince, they should have given him some concession, after all, it wasn't his fault.

"Whatever my condition ... They will punish me," he said in a weak voice.

She paused a moment, her eyes on him. His breath was getting heavier and from the look on his face, the pain on his back tormented him.

Rose shook her head as she couldn't stand to see him in pain any longer.
"I can't see you like this! I'll call the doctor and take all the punishment." She tried to leave again.

He caught her hand before pointing to a glass cabinet near his desk.
"There's a medicine box at the bottom of that cabinet."

She quickly took it and unpacked it on the table. After finding the antidote at the bottom of the box, she opened his blazer.

He pulled his blazer in shock and turned his gaze to her.
"What are you doing?" he asked with a frown

"Treating your wounds, what else?" she said in a nonchalant tone.

He was quite shocked by her boldness.
'She's an unmarried woman, how could she act recklessly like this?' There were strict manners and etiquettes in Andromeda Continent, especially for royal families and aristocrats. Taking off a foreign man's clothes, even the girls from the commoner weren't that bold to do it.
"Get out. I can do it by myself." His tone sounded like an order.

She frowned in confusion.
"Your wound is on your back and no one here beside me. How do you treat it without my help?"

'She's right. But I think it's inappropriate for a girl doing this. Moreover there were only two of us in this room,' thought Angel. So he thought to ask her to call a servant. Unlike doctors who had to provide a written report if he treated people, the servant did not need to do that. So as long the servant could keep his mouth shut, they wouldn't know about this.