Prologue (His Bitter Past) - 19. His Death

1. Prologue (His Past) - 19. His Death

It had been two months since Rose left Asteria, the rebellion had just ended. After negotiation efforts were unsuccessful, forcing them to take the decisive step. Although this time rebellion was big and almost made the capital fall into their hands, with the military leaders, nobles, Rose and King Eudon's corporation, the rebellion was finally ended.

Rose sighed heavily as she dropped herself to the parlour room chair in the Scarlet Stone Castle, Zephyrus. A tired breath out of her mouth.
"What a tiring month ..." she said to a warm faced woman who sat in front of her. Lady Ivetta Rosemond Crowheart, a Zephyrus noble who was closest to her. She had long black hair with bangs and purple eyes. Ivetta was one year older than her and they had known each other since childhood.

"Now Zephyrus has returned to peace, what is your next plan?" said Ivetta. Then she sipped a cup of tea in her hand.

Her mind began to drift away as she remembered what had happened two months ago. After a while, a smile began to appear on her face as her cheeks turned red.
"I'm thinking of visiting Asteria again."

"Asteria ?!" Ivetta said in surprise, almost spilling her tea from her mouth. She noticed Rose's flushed cheeks and she chuckled.
"So the news between you and Prince Ilex of Asteria is true? Even the king has to force you to go home."

She turned her gaze to Ivetta.
"Where did you hear that news from?" she asked curiously.

"I heard it from the king's aide, he said you disappeared after dancing with Prince Ilex, spent the night with him and just returned the next day," Ivetta said with a teasing smile.

She giggled.
"That news is only half right. That day I did dance with Prince Ilex, but I didn't spend the night with him. I spent it with his cousin, Prince Angelus," she said. Her cheeks were getting reddened.

After Ivetta heard Rose's words, her smile faded and her expression turned worried.
"Don't tell me you're in love with him," her worriedness seeping into her tone.

She noticed the change in Ivetta's expression.
"Is something wrong? I think underneath his cold expression, he has a kind heart," Then she leaned her face closer to Ivetta.
"You don't know how cute his expression was when I opened his shirt," she whispered. It felt strange seeing a man with a cold face like him nervous just because of that.

Ivetta gasped in shock as her eyes widened. She distanced herself, her eyes still locked on Rose. Then she looked around to check if the servants heard their conversation before she leaned herself closer again.
"Did I hear correctly? Rose, you are a princess and the only heir of Zephyrus, how could you have done something inappropriate before the time?" She whispered.

Rose gave her a teasing smile.
"It's not what you think, I wouldn't do anything inappropriate. That night he was injured because of me, I opened his shirt just to treat him. Isn't that a doctor's duty?" she replied with a low voice.

Ivetta breathed a sigh of relief as she distanced herself and leaned to the back of her chair.
"Thank Goodness ..." She was silent for a moment as she kept staring at Rose. From the look on her face, she looked hesitant to convey something.
"Can I have a private conversation with you?" she continued.

Rose looked bewildered for a while as Ivetta never asked her for a private conversation before. After a moment, she waved her hand to the servants around her. They bowed to her and left the room.

After the servants left, Ivetta started to speak again.
"Rose, you better forget him ... Prince Angelus ... He died a month ago."

A frown appeared on her forehead as she looked at Ivetta in disbelief and gave her an awkward smile.
"You're kidding, right? If he's dead, we'll get his funeral invitation."