First Arc (King of Euphorion) - 4. A Trace From The Past

First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 4. A Trace From The Past

He followed the kids to the city hall gate.

"Is your father here?" he asked.

"Yes. Come on follow me!" said Cley as he pulled Angel's hand again. They walked to the side of the gate and walked among the bushes until they saw a hole that big enough for a man to pass through.
"We can enter through here."

Angel looked at the hole surrounded by thorny plants. Then he turned his gaze at Cley and Claire.
'That's why their bodies are full of scratches.'

"Come on," said Cley. He ducked down and started to crawl.

But Angel stopped him and helped Cley to get up.
"Rather than crawling, how about we enter in another way?"

Cley looked at him with a confused expression.
"How?"

He carried Cley and Claire in his arms and focused his dark aura on his feet. In a blink, he managed through the fence with a single jump.
"There," he said as he put them down.

Both of them looked shocked, but after a while, their expression turned excited.
"Sir, teach me how to fly like that!" said Cley in excitement.

"I'm not flying. I just jumped over it," he explained.

"Sir, can you take me to the clouds?" said Claire shyly.

"No, you get me wrong. I can't fly."

"Sir, teach me how to fly! I will give all my toys to you!" whined Cley.

"I told you, I can't fly."

They kept whining as they pulled his clothes repeatedly. While he could only stand with a puzzled expression since he never experienced something like this before.
'What should I do? I never handled a kid before, I never read a book about how to handle them either.'

A loud woman's voice interrupted his thoughts.
"Cley! Claire! What are you doing?!"

He turned his gaze to her. A woman in her thirties who wore a simple dress in a dull colour ran towards them. In a glance, he knew that she was from a noble family from her gesture.

She quickly pulled Cley and Claire away from him.
"Who are you? What do you want?" she said in an unfriendly tone.

He bowed to greet her.
"Good Afternoon, madam. My name is Zel. I'm looking for someone named Chay Fadington."

Her eyes widened in surprise after she saw his face more clearly.
"Your Highness?" she said out of blue. But then she gasped and quickly closed her mouth with her hands.

Angel frowned in confusion.
"Your Highness?" He wasn't Prince anymore and this was the first time he was in this kingdom.

She bowed politely.
"Forgive my impudence, sir. My name is Avira Fadington, Chay Fadington is my husband. He is already waiting for you." She ended it by giving him a gesture to follow her.

He nodded with a puzzled expression and followed her.
'Chay Fadington is waiting for me? Why? I never met him before.'

They walked through an unkempt yard into a shabby white mansion, down a gloomy corridor to a room that was full of scattered books. They stepped inside.
"Chay! Chay! We have a guest!" she shouted. Her gaze swept around the room.

Suddenly someone appeared from a pile of books beside them like an undead rose from his grave. His face and black hair looked messy, his glasses almost fell.
"What guest?" he said in a half sleepy tone.