Second Arc (His Art of War) - 86. Same Feeling Different Interest

Angel pulled Rose closer, carried her out from the bathroom and laid her on the sofa.
"I don't like my bed getting wet, so I'll do it here," he said casually as he sat beside her. Since he knew Rose would try to run away if he released her from his dark aura, he decided to interrogate her in this state.

While Rose thought otherwise, she thought Angel would rape her before killing her. Her heart pounded even faster. She struggled to get away, but in vain.
"Angelus, if you want to kill me do it, but you shouldn't disgrace me like this!" she said in a panic. Her face was turning pale.

Angel smirked and ignored her scream, instead, he brought his face closer.
"You must answer all my questions honestly or I will tell the others that you are trying to seduce me and peek at me taking a bath," he whispered. He knew reputation was everything for a princess, so he knew Rose wouldn't want her reputation to be ruined.

Rose stopped to struggle and stared at him in disbelief.
"W-What ?!" Her voice stammered in confusion and embarrassment that her guess was wrong, which proved he wasn't as bad as she thought. Even though she was relieved that Angel didn't kill her, she also didn't expect her plan to backfire like this. Besides that, she was also confused about why he suddenly wanted to interrogate her.

He pulled his face away.
"First question, could you tell me about the Slyhelm Town rebellion?"

Rose frowned in confusion.
"Slyhelm Town rebellion? Why do you want to know about it?" Previously she had guessed that Angel would ask about her family's secret poison, but it turned out that her guess was also wrong.

"Your job is to answer my questions, not asking me back," replied Angel in a relaxed tone.

She responded by looking at him in confusion. The rebellion had passed several months ago and had nothing to do with him, besides that even though the rebellion had something to do with Ilex, wasn't Asteria already defeated?

Since Rose didn't respond, Angel sighed and almost got up from his seat.
"Since you didn't answer me, I'll tell everyone that you barged in to see me take a bath."

"W-Wait! I'll answer it!" she said in a panic. She was not afraid of death, but this was something else. A princess barging into the bathroom to see the king of her enemy kingdom taking a bath would make her look like a cheap woman and definitely would destroy her reputation as a royal family. And like all royal families, it was better for her to die with honour than to have to curry favour her opponent.

"Say it." Angel knew that this time Rose would answer his questions, like it or not.

Rose told everything that happened there, how she released the hostages, the Asteria troops' sudden appearance, the black-robed rebel leader and also how she found Ivetta who was almost raped at that time. In addition, she also told what General Ferand told her.

From Rose's story, Angel could already guess that the black-robed rebel was Ivetta. Unfortunately, from Rose's attitude earlier he could also guess that her relationship with Ivetta was too close just like a sibling.

"Do you recognize someone among the rebels or hostages?" he asked after Rose finished her story.

"I only know Ivetta. I don't know the others."

Angel tapped his index finger down his lips as he was deep in thought.
'Even Rose doesn't know anyone there. It seems like there were no other nobles present. '

Seeing Angel in deep thought and driven by her curiosity, Rose finally asked.
"Why do you want to know about that incident?"

"That rebellion and today's rebellion were masterminded by the same person. So I thought I could find some clue from you."