Prologue (His Bitter Past) End - 20. Ilex Arrival

1. Prologue (His Past) End - 20. Ilex Arrival

Days after days passed quickly and the day that Ilex arrived in Ironwall City, the kingdom of Zephyrus' capital had arrived. This afternoon, the City's situation was very lively, many people were gathering on the side of the street, especially women.

"I never thought Prince Ilex would be interested in Princess Rose. It looks like our princess is very lucky to be able to get a man like him."

"Princess Rose is very beautiful and Prince Ilex is very handsome, both of them are made for each other."

Soon, some white uniformed cavalry followed by a golden-haired man passed by them, he turned to them and smiled.

Some women started to scream hysterically.
"You see? He's so handsome!"

"It turns out the rumours about him are true! Which foolish woman doesn't want to be with him?"

Ilex realized what they talked about but he kept his cool. The rumours about Angel's betrayal worked much better than he thought. Without a lot of effort, King Gervis and Ilex were able to convince the nobles and now they had agreed that Angel had betrayed and tried to kill King Gervis. These rumours had spread throughout the Andromeda Continent to ensure the Reinheart Family's reputation remained clean. They also had sent a special letter to the Kingdom of Euphorion, though that kingdom did not have a diplomatic relationship with Asteria to inform Angel's betrayal.

Meanwhile, Rose was standing in front of Scarlet Stone Castle's entrance, waiting for Ilex's arrival. King Eudon and his two aides also stood beside her.

Once Ilex arrived at the entrance, he got off his white horse and approached them.

She bowed to greet him.
"Welcome to Zephyrus, Your Highness."

Ilex bowed to reply to her greeting.
"Thank you for welcoming me, Princess Rose."

Ilex turned his gaze to King Eudon and bowed.
"Your Majesty, thank you for letting me visit Zephyrus."

King Eudon smiled happily.
"Prince Ilex, it's an honour for us to be visited by you."

"Prince Ilex, you have travelled far to get here. How about we talk inside?" she said as she invited him in.

Ilex simply nodded and followed her to enter the castle. They walked down the corridor to the parlour room. Some servants had prepared tea, cakes and other delicacies on the table.

"Prince Ilex, I hope you don't mind accompanying me for a tea before my servant shows you your room, " she said with a forced smile.

Ilex glanced at her seductively.
"With pleasure."

Suddenly, a guard came and bowed.
"Your Majesty, I want to report something important to you."

King Eudon sighed with a fake regretful expression and turned his gaze to Ilex.
"Looks like I can't accompany you much longer." Then he shifted his gaze to her.
"Rose, treat Prince Ilex well."

"Yes, uncle," she answered in a formal voice.

"I'll excuse myself," said King Eudon as he walked toward the exit accompanied by his aides.

They replied to him with a slight bow. She knew this was also King Eudon's plan to bring them closer.

She secretly exhaled in annoyance and turned to Ilex.
"Prince Ilex, please take a seat."

Ilex sat on the chair followed by Rose. Then several servants prepared their cups and poured some tea into it.

They started chatting casually. As the times went by they conversation became more friendly. Rose kept staring at him as she looked for an opportunity to ask about Angel's rebellion, but Ilex thought differently as he kept responding with a seductive glance. Unable to hold her curiosity any longer, she decided to ask him directly.
"Prince Ilex, may I have a private chat with you?"