Prologue (His Bitter Past) - 17.Tainted Holy Knight

1. Prologue (His Past) - 17.Tainted Holy Knight

The limp steps sound mixed with ragged breath sounded among the dry and dead trees of the Death Forest. Angel walked with blank eyes as he dragged the tip of his sword across the ground. The blood that flowed from his blade, creating bloody traces on the forest floor and dozens of the monster corpses behind him showed how far he had lost his sanity nor his senses. With his white uniform covered in blood, his messy hair and his pale face from exhaustion, though he was not undead, he was in a worse state than one.

Who knew how many days had passed after Angel entered this dark forest. During that time he had walked without food, drink or rest. His body screamed to stop yet he continued to walk aimlessly. His sword and body absorbed the evil atmosphere in the forest. And he could feel the mysterious power within him growing stronger.
'Kill ... Kill ... Kill everyone ...' The voice in his head grew louder. That sound made him keep swinging his sword and killing every monster that got in his way without any fear.

Again, in the dark fog in the forest, some monsters rushed at him. If normally he would have identified the monsters weaknesses before attacking them, but now he didn't care anymore. He grinned evilly as the monsters that were three times his size were getting closer to him. As the monsters were less than 10 meters away from him, he raised his sword. In an instant, the dark aura that came out of it lifted the monsters.

"GRAHHHHH !!!" The monsters' angry screams echoed throughout the forest as they struggled to release themselves from his dark power.

Angel laughed evilly as he kept walking past them. Then, with one swing, the dark aura from his sword cut all the monsters' bodies in half. Blood gushed from the monsters' bodies like rain, soaking his body and the black soil in that forest. The stench of blood wafted through the air.
"Yes ... I will kill everyone ..." he muttered which ended with his evil laugh again.

As he continued to walk, a light appeared at the end of his path. Gradually, the dead trees around him turned into ordinary trees, the black soil beneath his feet turned into ordinary forest soil covered in moss. The evil atmosphere around him faded away as the sunlight he hadn't seen for days began to illuminate his bloody body. His steps stopped outside the forest, his eyes staring at a small village in the distance. Another evil grin appeared on his face.
'Kill ... Kill everyone, Angelus ... Show no mercy ...' The voice returned to his head.

"Yes ..." he muttered. But as he had only taken a few steps, excruciating pain pierced his chest and head. He stopped his steps and dropped his Nightmare and his broken Loyalty from his hands.

"Argggg!" he groaned in pain as he held his head with her hands in shuffling steps. This time another voice rang in his head. If previously it was a male's hoarse voice, this time it was a young male's majestic voice.
'No! Angelus Raizel wakes up! Don't let the crystal control you! '

The crystal evil laughter came back.
'There's no use! He's already in my control. This Holy Knight is mine! '

'Angelus, wake up! Remember who you are! Though your hands are covered in blood, you have never killed innocent people! The people in that village are not your enemies! ' The young man's voice came again.

'No! Everyone is your enemy, Angelus! Kill them! That way no one will betray you anymore! '

"ARGGGG!" Angel's screams of pain grew louder and he lifted his head as the pain got worse. It felt like his head was split in two. He fell on his knees and was breathing heavily.
"Who are you ?! Who are you ?!" he screamed in frustration.

This time a woman's gentle voice answered him.
'Angel ... I'm sorry ...' Her voice sounded sad, like someone saying goodbye to her beloved one. He had never heard this woman's voice before yet sadness and longing feelings enveloped his heart. He collapsed as he couldn't hold back the pain in his head. His consciousness was fading away.
"Who ...?" he said in a much calmer voice.