Chapter Four

+Crixus rose the next morning just after sunrise. He peaked out of his nest and saw the sun rising through the cracks in his closed window. Growling softly, not ready to wake he rolled over and closed his eyes. Just as sleep was about to take him someone knocked softly at his door. Crixus snarled and sat up in bed.

"This better be important!"

><

~This was the morning. Kye woke up early, bathed, and got dressed. He was going to ask Crixus to breakfast with him. Crixus never went to breakfast. Ever. Olcan had told him that his first day.
Starting to make his bed Blaze woke up.

"Why?"

"I'm going to breakfast."

"It's not for another hour!"

Kye glared down at him.

"So go back to sleep. I'm about to leave anyhow."

"Where?"

"I'm checking in on Adalwolf. I worked his knee again last night and I want to make sure it's not stiff."

Blaze's face slowly curled into a smirk as Kye continued.

"If it IS I'm giving him some herbs for it- what are you looking at me like that for?!"

"Worked his knee huh? That what we are calling it these days."

"Blaze, I'm serious. He just took out a Banda yesterday."

"Yeah you're probably right."

His smile grew.

"A pup wouldn't know what to do."

"Oh stop. Your name isn't Blaze either."

"It's one of my names."

He quipped. Kye just rolled his eyes.

"Shut up and go back to sleep."

><

~Kye made his way to Crixus's room. The smaller door lead directly to his bedroom, where he know the big lug would be this early. Rapping softly he heard a loud snarl.
Knowing he was probably mad now he pushed the door open stood there.

"It's just me."

Kye watched him relax and sigh.

"Oh, Come on in."

Kye entered his bedroom and sat on a chair opposite the bed. He was nervous again. This was a stupid idea. It was too early to ask anything of Crixus. Just before he panicked and got up to leave Crixus asked.

"Up early are we?"

His voice held a teasing tone. Kye nodded and grinned.

"Yes. I was on my way to breakfast and wanted to know...if you...wanted to join...me?"

He held his breath tight, hoping he wouldn't notice. Crixus was quiet for a second and finally spoke.

"Well I was planning on going back to sleep."

Crixus smiled and looked over at him.

"But I guess I could eat."

The way he smiled made Kye's heart thump in his chest. His big fangs seemed larger today. Damn his green eyes. Kye laughed nervously and said.

"Gotta feed your ego somehow."

Crixus hauled himself up laughing. Kye was about to faint.

"True. One of my best qualities. I will find my shirt."