Chapter Ten

It was the night of Minerva's arrival. The entire Temple gathered in the main hall awaiting it together. Uwchlan, Crixus, and Kye stood at the end of the Temple near the full moon path. Kye was nervous but stood close to Crixus for strength. He and Crixus had played with each other well up to the time they had to be here. Even bathing together before leaving. They barely made it to Tunstall in time. Kye shifted beside him, his skin still tingled from Crixus's touches. Uwchlan looked down at Kye and asked.

"Excited Cuan?"

"I am sir. I've never had the privilege of meeting Madam Minerva."

"You will be over joyed."

Uwchlan assured him with a smile.

"She is not as bad as everyone says. She seems, for some odd reason, to like our Adalwolf. Always on her good side."

Kye smiled back at him.

"Funny because he's so personable."

"I am standing right here."

Crixus growled looking over at the both of them. Kye's hair stood on end as Crixus growled. He needed more time to calm himself down before they went out into the world. Uwchlan laughed patting Crixus's shoulder.

"I figured Kye would save me. He's killed a Banda now, you are of no match for him."

Crixus looked down at Kye. His cheek instantly turned red and he looked down as he said.

"Am I match for you pup?"

Kye glanced at Uwchlan then to the ground.

"Yes.."

Uwchlan laughed wiping a tear from his eye.

"You two are funny. Come now, be serious. The time is soon upon us."

Kye looked at Crixus who smiled at him. Only making it worse.

A hush fell over the Temple and the moon hit its highest point. Kye took a step closer to Crixus, barely touching his side. A bright light lit up the center of the Temple, Kye could smell flowers and fresh dirt. A tall woman stepped out of the light. She was dressed in a long flowing white robe. Her long black hair waved down her back, framing her face beautifully. Kye just stared at her, she looked exactly like all the paintings in the Temple.
The light vanished and the entire room took a knee. Kye followed Crixus and Uwchlan's lead and just bowed his head.

"My children."

She spoke with a smooth voice. Like the flow of time itself.

"How good it is to see you all so healthy and together."

She made her way towards Uwchlan and smiled at him.

"Tunstall. How proud you have made me. You lead with the kindest of hands."

Uwchlan bowed his head again and said.

"Thank you Madam. You remember our Adalwolf."

Minerva turned to Crixus who bowed his head.

"Madam."

"Ah Crixus. Still wandering around this Temple are we?"

"Until I am unfit to."

He said softly. She touched his shoulder and said.

"You do well Crixus."

Turning, her eyes finally met Kye's. He stood strong but inside he was screaming.

"You must be Adalwolfa."

"Yes Madam. I'm Kye Cuan."

"I know darling."