Chapter Six

It had was now three months since Kye started at the Temple. And one month since he and Crixus started their relationship. A Vinr was basically a boyfriend but since Crixus was older and obviously stronger, he was in charge. Kye was fine with things this way anyways. He would rather before more submissive, it was easier.
Blaze and Luxor both healed up and were granted a clean bill of a health within a week. Blaze came and showed his appreciation to his Adalwolf , by brining fresh fruits and honey to his room. Crixus of course played nice and accepted it. He wasn't big on gifts.
Both Crixus and Kye had been granted a few days of rest, so of course Kye spent it all in Crixus's room.

+Crixus sat next to his fire carving the last of his meat. Night fell upon the Temple and the air grew colder. Winter had hit the mountain. He looked over at Kye who was curled up in his chair, hogging a blanket. He was cold. Crixus gazed over at the cold pup.

"I'm not sure if you will last a winter up here."

"I will! I'm just going to carry a blanket everywhere."

Kye said glancing up from his book.

"Can we not put the fire out..."

Crixus chuckled and stood up.

"Course not. Go get into bed."

Kye nodded and put his things way. Crixus set more firewood then went into his room. Kye laid in his bed curled in all of his blankets and animal pelts. Crius smiled down at him.

"Cold?"

"No...I'm warming the bed for you."

"Don't try and play me."

Crixus yanked his shirt over his head then crawled in beside Kye. Being at the Temple for so long Crixus was not affected by the cold anymore. He wrapped Kye up in his arms and said.

"I will protect you pup. No frozen toes for you."

He could feel Kye squirm with excitement. He knew how to use his words to make the pup blush. Kye lifted his head to look at him.

"Promise?"

Crixus smiled and kissed his forehead.

"Promise."

"You've been very sweet to me lately. I'm almost sure you aren't an asshole anymore."

"I'm trying."

"It's appreciated."

Crixus growled softly and kissed Kye.

"I think I deserve a gift for my kindness."

Kye just blushed and went silent. Crixus was going to push a bit tonight. He had waited quietly for Kye to figure his crap out. After his own outburst in the woods, Crixus wanted to see how far his bravery would go. Crixus lifted Kye's head and kissed him again.

"It is difficult for me to be this nice."

"Oh...I'm all out of cookies."

Kye teased, his hand slid around Crixus's side. The pup was always a surprise. Crixus smiled down at him, pulling his body closer inwards.

"Shame. I still think I deserve something."

Kye nodded staring right at him. Crixus let out a soft purr of a growl. He was up to something, and it got Crixus's attention. Kye took a breath then said.

"You do, and who am I to not reward such good behavior."

"I am no dog."

Crixus growled. Kye just smiled.